$80K — $100K *
Date: Jan 20, 2021
Location: Toronto, ON, CA, M4Y 2Y5
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch 30 million of Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a Head of Data, Insights & Analytics! An established data guru with extensive experience in big data, research, advanced analytics strategy, data science and data engineering. In this role, you will leverage your expertise to expand and evolve the Rogers Sports & Media data and analytics capabilities to unlock the value of data to all our business teams and improve and assist the decision making in strategy, investments, M&A, product development, marketing, technology and sales.
Reporting to the SVP Strategy, Data & Partnerships, you will shape and lead the Data & Analytics strategy across all Rogers Sports & Media properties and business units. You will lead the build of our organizational capabilities and deliver against the vision and objectives for the entire sports and media business. This critical role will be focused on advancing the ability for Rogers Sports & Media to create a culture of making data driven decisions, democratizing access to data, operationalizing data management best practices and evolving the data practice around predictive analytics and data science.
What you will do…
• Design a comprehensive and innovative Media Data strategy that will enable consistent, trusted, and accessible data capabilities across the company supporting growth and productivity for Rogers Sports & Media
• Own the development of our data strategy and roadmap to build a unified customer view to power data-driven media platforms that enhance customer engagement, enables personalization and ultimately drives incremental business growth
• Translate the set data strategy into highly effective Enterprise Data programs across the organization supporting our content, product, marketing and advertising teams
• Design and implement strategies that will achieve growth and productivity through process automation of existing and new operating models
• Define, implement and monitor metrics and KPIs to Data Strategy maturity and ensure ongoing strategic alignment with short and long-term business objectives
• Design and help manage Data Strategy through Data Governance Framework working cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders
• Responsible for the implementation of Rogers Sports & Media data programs, and any related scope, change and risk management processes as well as facilitating necessary mitigation through relevant stakeholders and governance practices
• Enable effective, efficient working relationship with business and technology partners in the Rogers Enterprise Architecture, Data & Analytics and Technology Organization
• Engage and communicate strategic Data programs across the Media business unit
Data Architecture, Data Management and Data Governance
• Partner with key stakeholders teams to deliver a scalable next generation data architecture, and solid data engineering processes that align with corporate IT and enterprise data governance
• Introduce a progressive data science discipline by acquiring the right talent and technology to enable the use of innovative machine learning modelling techniques in support of our business goals
• Evolve the maturity of data management, data quality and data governance framework to support content measurement and product analytics and related processes
• Partner with various teams to build end user tools to enable distributed access for data supported day-to-day decision making
• Foster data-driven culture and the creation of related competencies and data literacy across the organization
• Champion data and analytics value creation and governance as strategic disciplines
• Develop, lead and drive the implementation and operationalization of specific data use cases that align with business priorities and capability-building needs.
Reporting & Insights
• Leverage external data and insights to enable our business to continue to inform, engage and entertain our viewers, listeners and fans
• Support the day-to-day business insights needs through timely and multiple channel delivery of existing and enhanced reporting to the businesses and central teams
• Leverage big data, advanced analytics, data insights to support the growth of the business and enable efficient and effective performance marketing and customer acquisition strategy and execution.
• Enable data to drive the business strategy through data insights and advanced analytics
• Work with various teams to build the next generation reporting solutions including automation and visualization of reporting
What you will bring…
• A proven track record in managing large scale enterprise data strategy and execution teams with domain expertise in data management, data governance, reporting and analytics
• Strong business acumen and analytical capabilities – ability to consolidate information into clear, concise analysis in support of business decisions
• Strong financial management skills and fluency with the financial aspects of business operations
• Independent thought leadership and the ability to understand and navigate the complexities & implications of executing the strategy
• Desire to innovate, collaborate and influence to drive sustainable change and improvement
• Ability to influence at senior executive levels and motivate others, including those who do not have a direct reporting relationship
• Organizational awareness and the ability to balance the viewpoints of various stakeholders
• A proven track record of being a transformative leader and business enabler with superior stakeholder management skills, capable of changing mindsets and capabilities across a complex organization
• A passion for coaching and developing the absolute best and brightest
Here’s what you can expect in return:
• A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
• A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
• A team that trusts and wants to win together
• Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
• Flexibility to work from home even after the pandemic ends
• Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android/Mac or PC etc.)
• As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant WFH(084), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Reporting and Analytics & Analyst
Requisition ID: 213726
Posting Notes: Media
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Database, Analytics, Engineer, Network, Data, Technology, Management, Engineering
Find similar jobs:
Sports and Media, Risk Management Jobs in Toronto, Product Marketing Jobs in Toronto, Information Technology Jobs in Toronto, Data Management Jobs in Toronto
Valid through: 3/19/2021