Jefferies Group LLC is seeking a Head of Data Analytics (DA) - Senior Data Analyst to assist with running the Internal Audits Data Analytics program. This individual will be responsible for driving the day-to-day analytical approaches of the team as well as identifying additional opportunities for data analytics optimization. As the Head of DA, this individual will identify, design, and develop data analytics routines to support audit activities performed by the Internal Audit team. The head of the DA team will also maintain an effective system of data analytics and models which will provide enhanced insight into risks and controls, establish an efficient/automated means to analyze and test large volumes of data for outliers, anomalies, patterns, and trends, and help evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls. This individual will create repeatable data analytics to support continuous audit monitoring programs. In addition, this position periodically performs audit tests of controls by obtaining and analyzing audit evidence, prepare audit workpapers, evaluate test results, and draw conclusions on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Assist with expanding the use of data analytics at Jefferies and be a partner to the senior team in defining and driving strategy.
- Identify, design, and develop data analytics extract routines to support audit activities performed by the Internal Audit team.
- Manage data extraction, storage, transformation, and processing through data analytics routines and generate output for visualization/analysis by the Internal Audit team. (i.e., Microsoft SSIS, SSRS)
- Use data analysis and visualization tools to automate audit testing and develop techniques for continuous auditing and analyzing large volumes of data (i.e., Power BI, SQL, Basic Python, IDEA).
- Interact with management and business partners to identify appropriate data sources and data elements required for analytics, applying professional skepticism when assessing data sources and validating the completeness and accuracy of data received.
- Interact and collaborate with Internal Audit team members in working towards departmental goals.
- Produce Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Ad-Hoc reports to continuously assess the effectiveness of certain continuous monitoring controls.
- Assist with quarterly Board reporting as required.
- Manage the delivery of analytics projects.
- Manage the training and development of the DA function to the Internal Audit team.
- Perform audit tests of controls by obtaining and analyzing audit evidence, preparing audit workpapers, evaluating test results, and drawing conclusions on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Execute on special projects and other assignments as requested by management.
- Manage use of Internal Audit’s Microsoft’s SharePoint website-base collaboration system.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mathematics, computer science, or management information systems.
- 8-10 years of relevant/recent data analysis experience in audit, financial, risk management, or technology functions.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, data-intuition, problem-solving skills, and proficiency in data analytics techniques.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in extraction and analysis of data from a wide variety of financial systems, leveraging data analysis tools,(i.e., Excel, Access, and/or Microsoft SQL).
- Working knowledge of Audit Management Systems and electronic audit workpapers.
- Experience building and supporting continuous audit monitoring programs.
- Working knowledge of internal controls and auditing techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong relationship building skills.
Preferred Certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Professional Accountant (CPA).