Your potential. Your opportunity. Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group. Job Summary:
Supporting MUFG's corporate vision to "Be the World's Most Trusted Financial Group" and reporting directly to the Chief Information Security Officer, the Head of Cybersecurity Engineering & Operations is responsible for creating and leading a consolidated team which will be responsible for the design, implementation and running of effective cybersecurity solutions to protect the company though a "Lean Six-Sigma" mindset and approach.
This role has includes oversight of the following primary functions: Security Engineering & Solutions (including SIEM), Network and Perimeter Security, Midrange & Mainframe Security, Cloud Security, Vulnerability Management, Application Security, Data Protection, Identity & Access Management, Technical Security Standards and Online Security and Customer Authentication. Major Responsibilities
- Lead and handle all engineering activities pertaining to the design and implementation of cybersecurity solutions which includes development and maintenance of the associated technology and processes
- You will lead and ensure the smooth operational running of all security engineering products
- You will drive optimization and alignment of toolsets for a common and streamlined user experience - implement appropriate controls and build automation across the stack
- You will develop, maintain and execute against an overall security engineering strategy aligned with business and cybersecurity objectives that effectively and deftly protects the organization
- Maintain a clear roadmap that ensures progress against strategy and against tactical priorities s.
- You will provide direct leadership, structure and guidance to the engineering teams focused on network, endpoint, system, application and other areas of cybersecurity
- Develop inclusive teams in which people are empowered to succeed and partnership are supported
- You will give specific knowledge of security engineering product development and management
- You will partner with multi-functional teams to deliver on security strategies focused on protecting the organization and delivering positive customer experiences
- You will ensure that the appropriate controls are in place for security engineering process and products and that those controls are documented and tested regularly to evidence they are working as designed
- You will supply information about the health and status of the security engineering department by reporting through channels such as quarterly business reviews, executive presentations, and the regular operational and control- based metrics
- You will support a culture of opportunities, ensure appropriate training for engineering staff, provide regular communications to your team and external partners, represent the firm to outside agencies and partner companies as required
- You will build tools, processes and products that improve the security of the broader organization
- You will network and handle relationships with known industry guides and leaders
- You will stay ahead of technology trends and cutting edge ideas to ensure an eye to the future
- You will demonstrate and maintain vendor relationships strategically to compliment the delivery of security engineering
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field - Master's degree a plus
Skills & Abilities:
- 15 plus years of relevant leadership, technology and industry experience
- Experience and certification in operating and leading via lean six-sigma and/or traditional six-sigma methodologies
- Proven knowledge in modern techniques such as containers, API-first, CI/CD and others as well as experience leading high performance Agile teams through application and engineering development activities
- Experience developing in or migrating applications, tools, processes and services to a cloud environment
- Ability to find opportunities and continuously drive throughput for the team through automation and analysis of team/individual performance
- Works effectively in a team environment; addresses conflicts appropriately, and builds productive partnerships with customers, business partners, and stakeholders in order to achieve targeted business results
- Client satisfaction-focused; establishes relationships with business partners and ensures prompt, clear dedicated, and effective communications with these partners
- Ability to communicate and present complex issues and ideas with precision and clarity, adjusting appropriately for the audience; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Capability to effectively handle challenging priorities with a keen eye for details, validated project management skills and ability to work across all levels
- Ability to share complex technical details to a non-technical audience to obtain support and consensus
- Expertise in architecting and implementing systems and full-stack applications across multiple platforms with security and sustainability built in
- Clear understanding of regulatory, audit and risk expectations around cyber resilience, recovery, privacy and data protection capabilities
- Ability to gain the respect and trust of highly technical staff to be able to motivate and groom them as well as the confidence of senior leadership in the team's capabilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.