Bugsnag is on a mission to change this, and make the whole development process enjoyable, including what comes after deployment. Bugsnag was created to help developers take full ownership of the code they ship, while at the same time creating an enjoyable experience when fixing errors. The company believes that making mistakes is an important and necessary part of growing as an engineer. Bugsnag wants to create an ownership mentality for all developers, enabling them to proactively see the effects of their code.
Balancing agility with stability, Bugsnag is an error-monitoring tool that allows developers to identify, prioritize and replicate bugs in a seamless manner. Bugsnag creates an ownership mentality with all developers by enabling them to proactively see the effects of their code. This helps them address issues before these escalate, creating a joyful experience for both customers and engineers. Over 5,000 of the world's best engineering teams use the Bugsnag platform to monitor app health and build better software.
- Backed by a world class investor group in Benchmark Capital (Eric Vishria), Matrix Partners (Dana Stalder) and Google Ventures
- Over 4,000 paying customers including household names like Apple, Amazon, Walmart, Nintendo, Dropbox, Etsy, Slack, and Comcast (to name a few)
- Bugsnag is simply the most straightforward way to improve software quality. It is the only full stack error monitoring platform on the market.
- Winner of the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal's "2020 Bay Area Best Places To Work."
The mission of the Head of Customer Success is to build a world-class, revenue-centric, post-sales team in a rapidly growing environment. Build trusted relationships with the customer, and drive adoption of the product. Make Bugsnag’s customers the company’s greatest asset!
- Immerse yourself in the industry. Learn where Bugsnag sits in the ecosystem.
- Define and optimize the customer journey, standardize engagement activities for each touchpoint from rollout through renewal. Drive a repeatable and scalable process that can be applied to existing and future customers.
- Bugsnag deployments range from 100 to 1,000 engineers. Help make this implementation process as seamless as possible, strongly focused on getting customers to value quickly.
- Drive Customer Success outcomes - increase renewal rates and reduce churn; expand revenue in accounts through
- and and expand motions; influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption and customer satisfaction.
- Help Bugsnag expand its footprint within customers by expanding to new business units. Develop methodology to identify within an organization to help with this expansion.
- Sophisticate the rollout process - be prescriptive, documented, and build a buttoned-up playbook that is clear to the customer
- Measure adoption and retention of the product.
- Act as voice of the customer to product and engineering teams. Provide feedback related to the product experience to engineering/product organizations in a constructive way. Integrate tightly and build positive relationships with the heads of these functions.
- Work closely with the entire go-to-market organization. Partner with these peer execs to continue to define a model that will ramp Bugsnag’s market penetration.
- Develop clear metrics for success and operationalize execution across the growing Success organization.
Professional Experience and Skills
- Several years experience in B2B account management and customer success.
- Best-in-class enterprise software experience is a must. Knowledge of the developer tools landscape is a strong plus.
- Very strong leader in setting clear metrics, goals and objectives and managing against them
- Proven experience in driving high customer satisfaction, and increasing adoption and stickiness of solutions by measuring usage/utilization metrics and driving profitability & gross margins for a business.
- Experience being deeply integrated with sales to help grow the deal value and act as an enabler for company’s growth objectives.
- An excellent operator. Must be adept at building and defining processes, continuously driving KPI’s, and building strong relationships while working directly with customers.
Specific Capabilities and Experience
- Success as a leader and manager. Strength in hiring great people; has built high-performance teams and comes with a network that can be leveraged. Great talent scout and coach.
- We are looking for a builder with a partnership mindset
- Revenue-minded and enterprise-centric.
- Someone with strong gravitas who can elevate the CS function within the overall organization.
- Passion around driving deep customer satisfaction and advocacy
- Experience taking new products to market and being a meaningful part of creating a category.
- Experience moving from a high velocity to an enterprise go-to-market motion.
- An educational background that includes quality institutions.Good person.
- Bugsnag is a close knit team and we are looking for someone to help foster and grow an awesome culture - intelligence and team collaboration go a long way.
Bugsnag cultural values - Is this you?
- Embrace and drive change
- Be bold, iterate towards the best
- Default to transparency
- Be respectful, inclusive, humble