We are looking for someone with extensive call center management experience who can shape the future strategic direction of an organization that will be critical to the success of one of Mass Mutual's largest initiatives. Candidates should have demonstrated experience making data-driven decisions in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to quickly make adjustments in delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
The US Digital Customer Care team is:
- +75 seat Contact Center (M-F 8am - 8pm EST) with over 30k interactions a month in chat, phone, email, and operations tasks growing to double in 6 months as we continue to replace many aspects of the MassMutual operating system in the next ~18 months.
- Centralized in two hubs, one in Springfield, MA and the other in Phoenix, AZ. New US-based virtual staff initiative started in September of 2020, with +50 employees planned as first hiring class
- Expected to grow significantly in headcount commensurate with the growth in businesses supported.
As the leader of the US Digital Customer Care team you will be responsible for:
- Running a startup Customer Care team servicing an internal SAAS product, supporting +20k advisors and their customers. This is a new unit/system started in 2018 that is replacing our legacy life insurance application and servicing platform.
- Building and developing a management team to support contact center staff: current staff of +7 directors and +7 team leads.
- Managing cross-functional relationships with leaders in product, training, scheduling and WFM, QA, and documentation to:
- Advocate for users
- Influence bi-weekly platform rollouts and the long-term platform development roadmap
- Scale support significantly in 2021
- Developing analytics and key performance indicators and sharing pertinent data with stakeholders to inform decision making and performance management.
- Partnering with other senior leaders across multiple functional areas to develop strategies and tactical solutions to positively impact progress toward shared business objectives within Company including enhancing the customer experience while controlling costs and identifying and resolving root causes of customer issues
- +7-10 years progressive experience performing call center leadership duties and running large, multi-tiered support organizations.
- Proven success leading managers and mentoring people in a fast-paced work environment.
- High energy personality with strong business acumen and negotiation skills. Experience working with financial advisors is advantageous.
- Independent thinker with history of proactively seeking out better ways to execute
- Ability to take decisive action and solve problems while working under pressure
- Consistent record of leading a large organization to achieve challenging performance objectives.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience in Call Center Solutions required
- Travel: 30% to Springfield, MA and Phoenix, AZ, & NYC