Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"™
This individual will be responsible for leading the Heartland Customer Care Center team’s day-to-day operations and productivity. In this capacity, this person will directly influence our customer and team member experience through thoughtful strategic planning, and dedication to creating an optimal customer experience. These individual leads organizational growth and strategic initiatives by monitoring, measuring and leading the improvement of overall customer service through a multi-channel delivery system.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and establish multichannel strategy for customers to manage the retail banking services provided by Heartland's subsidiary banks at optimal service delivery levels. This includes strategy for managing the Customer Care Center and related self-service channels; e.g., telephone banking, online banking, chat, AI (artificial intelligence), and new technologies as they develop.
2. Develops future vision and implementation strategy to exceed customer experience targets and revenue generation goals.
3. Identifies client roadblocks and failure points and builds engagement strategies and process improvements to overcome or mitigate.
4. Effectively turns strategic goals into customer operations outcomes and ensures the team understands and executes to deliver results.
5. Anticipates service trends and innovates across channels to deliver contemporary customer experience.
1. Develops effective policy and process frameworks, with responsive customer service systems, to best address customer needs and expectations.
2. Establishes and implements service level agreements, analyzes operational trends, and takes corrective action to achieve industry leading levels of performance and customer service.
3. Manages all aspects of Customer Care Center projects including monitoring and evaluating processes for compliance and effectiveness.
4. Continuously tests new strategies, tools, and products to maximize performance.
5. Provides expert knowledge of workforce forecasting and planning to ensure necessary staffing levels to support customer demand.
6. Develops primary and secondary Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) while collaborating with other key stakeholders to achieve full transparency into impact on revenue.
7. Assists the team and senior management on metrics to review customer satisfaction, strengthen customer experiences, and develop programs and initiatives to respond to the customer base effectively.
8. Manages departmental budget, identify opportunities to improve efficiency, and performs cost/benefit analysis on incremental investments.
9. Manages vendor relationships established to assist with achieving the strategic goals of the department.
10. Works cohesively with the executive, senior, and peer management teams to coordinate activities and resolve operational problems.
1. Builds an outstanding performance culture; effectively manages and scales a multi-layered, high-performance team to ensure we operate with excellence at every level.
2. Directly supervises regional Customer Care Center managers and team leads.
3. Works with Heartland Financial’s recruitment team to recruit and hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
4. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
5. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
6. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
7. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to process deadlines.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business or Technology related field; Master's Degree, preferred.
2. 10+ years building and leading high-performing, scaled front line customer call center operations teams with local and remote agents
3. Financial services industry experience preferred
4. Deep understanding of traditional and cutting-edge support channels - phone, e-mail, text message, Facebook messenger, video conferencing, social media, chat, AI, etc.
5. Proven ability to build customer-centric strategies and see through to execution
6. Strong analytical ability and the ability to leverage data from third party operations tools; e.g., CRM and phone contact tools, to solve business problems and improve customer experience
7. Demonstrated experience effectively partner with senior leaders and diverse teams across complex organizations to drive outcomes
8. Experience developing, implementing, and refining customer operations measurement methods and holding teams accountable to reaching ambitious cost-to-serve and customer satisfaction goals
9. Clear track record of driving success in a highly quantitative environment
10. Superior ability to understand and analyze large arrays of data, draw defensible conclusions, and turn them into actionable items.
11. Demonstrated ability to solicit feedback from internal and external customers, with an understanding of how it can be utilized to improve team members and customer experience.