ClearVision Optical (CVO) was recognized as a Best Company to Work for in New York State for the past four years. At ClearVision, we take pride in our culture and commitment to customer experience excellence. CVO has a mission which strives to make each day better for someone else. Relying on our 68years as a family-owned organization, we are driven by our core values of respect, integrity, compassion, performance, service, innovation and fun.
Manage all functions of an award-winning internal marketing department. Establish competitive positioning for ClearVision Optical and all brand collections. This leader will develop innovative marketingcampaigns, targeting our customers, the optical industry, the sales force and consumers, utilizing all facets of the marketing team (creative design, public relations, event planning, and social media). Through ideation, trend research, and concept development, the Marketing Manager will cultivate new marketing programs and promotions. Each initiative will be supported with ongoing analysis and will be designed to increase sales. The right individual will guide this talented team to identify new media, leverage existing creative tools, and re-imagine opportunities to differentiate ClearVision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leadership Development of a high performing team
- Identify creative talent; provide on-going career development and coaching.
- Motivate, educate, and mentor the team to promote collaboration and idea sharing.
- Provide hands-on direction for workflow and prioritization to ensure deliverables are on time and meet the defined business objectives.
- Creative Direction & Campaign Development with focus on ROI
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plans to achieve defined sales objectives.
- Craft campaigns and develop briefs to increase customer loyalty, attract new customers, and/or identify new target markets. Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all promotional materials, and events.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotional activities including print, online, social media, public relations, events and direct mail. Develop and maintain accurate, current database(s) of industry contacts for promotional communications.
- Oversee the development of all product brochures, catalogs, videos, blogs, websites and digital communications. Coordinate efforts internally to ensure coordinated message and timing.
- Provide sales force with marketing tools, education and targeted collateral.
- Develop and implement merchandising programs; oversee development of all POP and display materials.
- Oversee all trade show coordination, both national and international.
- Partner with IT to develop all website concepts, content, and user experience.
- Evaluate, select, and manage outside vendors necessary to execute marketing plan.
- Active management of marketing budget
- Develop and manage Marketing?s operating budgets, including advertising and events. Analyze and control expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Create and manage marketing calendar and timetable with emphasis on communicating internally all milestones.
- Liaison with Brand Licensors & Industry Innovators
- Work directly with licensor contacts to develop effective marketing, advertising and promotional campaigns that are aligned with licensor guidelines and objectives.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Design customized presentations for executives, industry events and prospecting.
- Evaluate market research and conduct customer/sales consultant surveys to adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions. Monitor competitor marketing activities and new approaches to engage customers, leveraging varied media.
- Identify opportunities to gain publicity and position ClearVision as customer-focused and progressive in the optical market.
- Bachelor?s degree in a relevant field (i.e., Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, etc.) or equivalent business experience.
- Extensive internal marketingexperience with expertise across various modes of media. A solid understanding of graphic design is strongly preferred.
- Minimum five years experience managing a marketing department. A leader who is energized by developing creative talent.
- Demonstrated understanding of marketing techniques, sales processes and financial principles.
- Technology skills should include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and Creative suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
SKILLS AND PERSONAL TRAITS:
- Proven ability to communicate effectively. Skilled writer and presenter.
- Engaged people leader, possessing high degree of empathy; skilled at delivering constructive feedback to enhance creative deliverables.
- High energy individual with a positive ?can-do? attitude.
- Flexible with shifting priorities; low stress problem solver.
- Intellectually curious; independent thinker who favors collaboration to solve business challenges.
- Strong analytical skills; adept at using objective tools to support the viability of marketingcampaigns and business decision-making.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct projects. Comfortable identifying options and assertively providing a recommendation for action. Capable of executing on set plan.
- Energetic, positive attitude. Likes a challenge.
- Travel and some evening work required for trade shows, licensor meetings, company events, and sales meetings.
Here are just some of the benefits of being a member of the ClearVision family:
- Outstanding wellness benefits including a highly-subsidized medical plan, dental plan, and vision coverage
- Training & Development opportunities including internal courses, webinars, industry workshops, departmental cross-training and company-wide meetings
- Wellness initiatives including workshops, a walking club, massages, and health screenings
- Family Events for employees and their families
- Philanthropy, including numerous events to support local charities
- Green initiatives
- Spirit Days
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.