The focus for this position is to drive effectiveness and accountability across IT operations for cloud and on premise infrastructure environments, networks, IT service desk, and information security, as well as enterprise HR, Finance corporate applications. This position serves as a key liaison with business and technology leaders across the enterprise. This position facilitates planning, prioritization, and collaboration between groups and delivery of the end product.
The successful candidate will bring a track record for planning and implementing programs to enable company-wide corporate systems, infrastructure, and networks to operate and scale reliably for a fast growing organization. Operational excellence and continuous improvement are at the heart of this position due to the critical nature of the oversight responsibilities which include the IT service center, end user services, network and infrastructure operations, information security operations, incident and problem management.
- Leads the development of the infrastructure and operations roadmap and ensures its integration with the broader IT and enterprise strategic plans.
- Leads and manages the overall infrastructuresupporting global physical and virtual platforms.
- Manages the portfolio of infrastructure assets and corporate systems
- Identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives that drive operational performance of infrastructure, networks and services.
- Collaborate with the Architecture and Engineering functions to ensure that the IT infrastructure enables necessary applications and business processes.
- Ensure major programs and projects of high impact to the organization and businesses are implemented and operated with quality.
- Ability to work through ambiguity - demonstrating confidence in making tough calls while leading through adversity with a focus on the right business outcome.
- Establish the policies, systems and processes to ensure infrastructure and systems remain secure.
- Participates in the assessment of external and internal infrastructure capabilities required to achieve desired business goals.
- Ensure maximum uptime and stability in the company's systems and networks.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT infrastructure engineering team and corporate solutions staff.
- Willingness to dive into operations and corporate solutions at detailed levels in order to effectively triage issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Create a team culture of accountability and manage financial plans and budgets.
- Establish the systems and processes to test and perform disaster recovery.
- Manage vendor relationships and hold vendors accountable for high performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, or related major from an accredited university - or equivalent years of experience.
- 10+ years of technology experience in a complex and multiple business unit organization.
- 10+ years of leadership experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 10+ years leading large scale operations for infrastructure teams.
- Experience in modern infrastructure technologies and Cloud Service providers
- Background with known infrastructure vendors
- Experience establishing and leading successful large scale projects and programs across an enterprise utilizing external providers, offshore resources and internal staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication including superior presentation skills and proven ability to explain technical concepts and technologies at all organizational levels.
- Strong problem solving and collaboration skills.
- Passion for excellence and unwavering desire to improve.
- Strong vendor management skills with proven experience in negotiating optimal agreements and ensuring desired service.
- Experience in budget planning and financial management.
- Excellent analytical, conceptual thinking, planning and execution skills.