At Neo, we empower people to get the most out of their money and time. We're a tech company reimagining everyday banking from the ground up to create rewarding experiences and build community for all Canadians. We're looking for passionate go-getters who want to move fast and create a lasting impact.
Neo Financial is looking for a Head of Corporate Finance to join our team in Calgary, AB. As Head of Corporate Finance, you will provide leadership in financial decision-making, corporate planning, and strategic projects. This newly created position will be key in sharing financial insight and recommendations, helping drive strategic finance decisions and leading corporate finance and corporate development activities at Neo.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for corporate finance, including short and long-term strategic and financial planning processes, and evolving the underlying integrated financial forecast models, systems, and tools
- Support Neo’s leadership team by evaluating strategic initiatives and key decision processes
- Provide strategic lense and thought leadership to growth opportunities and scaling the business for sustainability
- Manage the Corporate Finance team to support business case modelling across the company, including internal and net new business cases
- Own the budgeting process, inclusive of periodic forecasting for the business and scenario/sensitivity analyses
- Oversee the management and administration of corporate debt facilities, including managing those relationships of existing and prospective lenders and investors
- Lead capital markets and bank/lender relationships, including securitization, mezzanine financings, and other financing mechanisms to fund the company’s operations
- Keep the Finance team aware of changes in financial legislation and ensure all financial transactions across the business are in legal compliance
- Develop and monitor critical financial performance metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders
- Develop and evolve scalable processes to effectively manage financial performance, and to improve forecast accuracy
- Support investor relations activities
Who we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or corporate finance, including prior FP&A experience
- A track record of success in a senior Finance role managing a team in a fast-growing organization; financial services experience considered an asset, including a strong understanding of a bank or lending P&L and debt capital markets
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate relationships with senior leadership
- A skilled manager and leader who enjoys mentoring and growing their team
- Superior analytical skills and solid commercial acumen evidenced through achievements, with the ability to support decisions in order to achieve results
What it’s like to work with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future.
About applying with Neo:
Please apply using Chrome, as applications are only supported using Chrome on desktop.
Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.