Gainsight is the Customer Success company. Our best-in-class software platform helps your business grow faster by cutting churn, driving upsell, and fueling customer advocacy. With our product and evidence-based best practices, you'll communicate with customers more effectively, anticipate risk proactively, and transform your company around your customers' outcomes. Gainsight provides a 360-degree view of customers across Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, your executive team, and Product Management. Leading companies like Adobe, Box, and Workday are using Gainsight to drive company-wide Customer Success at scale.
Gainsight™ is a fast-growing technology company that is revolutionizing the way companies manage their customers. Gainsight has been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world (2016 & 2017), Deloitte as #7 on the Technology Fast 500 (2016), Inc. Magazine as the 48th fastest growing private company in America (2015 & 2017), Forbes as one of America’s Most Promising Companies (2014), and by Fortune Magazine as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech (2014). We are backed by top-tier Silicon Valley investors such as Bain Capital Ventures, Battery Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Cisco Investments, Insight Venture Partners, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Salesforce Ventures, and Summit Partners and other top-tier Silicon Valley investors.
Gainsight is seeking a Head of Corporate Development to source, evaluate, negotiate, and execute on a variety of ecosystem and M&A opportunities. In this critical role, you will lead acquisitions including deal structuring, full cycle execution, and early-stage integration. The successful candidate will be experienced with many of the internal facets of business functions while informing the executive direction within the company. We are searching for someone with 8+ years of professional experience and at least 6 years of corporate M&Aexperience. This is a great opportunity to continue your career advancement and work closely with our CEO!
What You'll Do
- Run end-to-end M&A process, from defining the ecosystem strategy, to sourcing, to diligence, to close
- Conduct effective business diligence, formulating top hypotheses and identifying effective, efficient ways to test those hypotheses
- Quarterback the deal process, working closely with members of Gainsight’s executive team across functions and bringing in third parties
- Own the financial model for the deal
- Create acquisition integration planbefore close
- Take the lead on structuring, negotiating, and closing the deal
- Own the build/buy/partner strategy
- Be a primary ambassador of Gainsight to CEOs at acquisition targets
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking or private equity
- 2+ years of experience as a Director of Corporate Development at a software company, during which the candidate personally quarterbacked the closing of 3+ SaaS acquisitions
- Bonus but not required:
- Strong knowledge of the SaaS ecosystem, with a focus on Customer Success, Customer Experience, Marketing Automation, Sales Automation, CRM, or related industry
- Has directly managed at least one person before
- Strong network among SaaS companies
- Enjoys deep business diligence
- Strong ability to identify red flags in an acquisition target, based on past experience in closing acquisitions and past exposure to post-acquisition integration
- Strong experience structuring deals, negotiating, closing
- Intuition for what is a good deal, based on past experience
- Executive presence: credible in advocating for a deal to our executive team and board; credible in meetings with CEOs at acquisition target
- Verbal communication is structured, clear, and precise; breaks down argument into components and makes visible the underlying assumptions
- Knowledgeable about deal process; manages other stakeholders to a structured process; drives to results
- “Get stuff done” mentality; bias for action; rolls up sleeves
At Gainsight, we don't believe in doing things as a "means to an end." Life's too short to have anything short of a joyful work environment that we passionately believe in. We think that "work vs. life" is a false choice created by pundits, cynics and consultants. We also believe that any community (like a company) needs a ton of diversity and a very small number of things that bring us together.
Here are our 5 core values
- Golden Rule: We try to practice the Golden Rule ("Do unto others..." and that sort of thing) by exercising reliability, trust and giving back to each other and our community.
- Success for All: We believe that success for our stakeholders—whether our teammates, clients or shareholders—comes with a sincere focus on continuous learning, selfless teaching and making a difference in each other’s lives.
- Child-like Joy: We aspire to experience child-like joy in our work and lives, injecting a spirit of passion, optimism and laughter into everything that we do.
- Shoshin: We believe in a beginner’s mind. Don’t surround yourself with people like you--diversity breeds creativity.
- Stay Thirsty, My Friends: We believe in a totally internally-driven strive for greatness. The solution is think more, not doing more.
Why You’ll Love It Here
- Our Attitude: We’ve created a new industry from scratch, and we’re on the fast track!
- Our Leadership: We offer the leading tech solution for driving Customer Success.
- Our ROI: Reduce customer churn, increase up-sell, and improve customer satisfaction.
- Our Technology: Deep Salesforce.com hooks, predictive analytics, and a beautiful user interface.
- Our Impact: We help our customers make millions of dollars more per year.
- Our Clients: Big companies like Box, Adobe, Marketo, and many others.
- Our Team: Tech all-stars from Facebook, Box, and others (and top consulting firms like BCG and McKinsey!).
- Our Values: They are unique - Golden Rule, Success for All, Childlike Joy, Shoshin, and Stay Thirsty, My Friends
- Our Office: If you showed up one day, you might find anything from karaoke performances to mini-golf championships.