Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As the Head of Consumer Insights for Waze, you'll be responsible for connecting the voice of the consumer into the strategy and culture of Waze. You will build and manage a team focused on developing insights that fuel actionable strategic guidance for Waze’s Marketing, Partnerships, Brand and Communications teams. The Consumer Insights team will design and execute research which delivers greater understanding of audience, brand health, and cultural and competitive trends. The work you do will enable Waze to effectively scale across the globe, helping cross-functional teams to deliver against company goals.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop and manage an annual research agenda that uncovers opportunities to optimize the Waze brand. Design and execute qualitative and quantitative research, and manage all aspects of vendor delivery and business goals.
- Act as a consumer advocate for Waze, develop an intimate understanding of the current Waze user, and identify emerging market trends and evolution in user base. Distill data collected from a variety of methodologies in order to generate provocative and unexpected insights
- Build and manage a high-performing research team, and translate complex data and research into simple concepts and actionable insights for all cross-functional teams at Waze.
- Develop a platform that provides ongoing measurement of product and brand health signals and collaborate with Business Analysts, UX, Product and Engineering to ensure relevant marketing and consumer insights are integrated into the product development process.
- Develop engagement models with Legal, Privacy and PR to lead research from development phase to publication, and effectively manage change in a fast-paced environment.
- 10 years of experience with primary market research with customer-facing and consultative expertise.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques (e.g. ethnography, focus groups, segmentation, messaging, positioning, tracking, etc.).
- Experience working with third-party research agencies to develop research in order to generate useful consumer and market insights.
- Master's Degree in a related field.
- Experience working in the technology or media industry.
- Knowledge of the mobile audience and experienceworking with behavioral data.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally and to make data and insights accessible to a non-expert audience.
- Ability to interact with and influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization.