- Job ID: 18015654
- Citi’s Global Consumer Bank Chief Technology Officer (CTO) function is responsible for strategic and operational management of the technology environment supporting Citi’s Global Consumer Technology (GCT) function. Key responsibilities of the CTO include: enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation, strategy and roadmap development; software development technology, process and design standards; performance engineering and testing; development operations (devops) strategy and execution; operational management and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI; and production management of GCB’s global application portfolio.
- The Global Chief Architect of Digital Channels organization will be comprised of domain experts who are specifically focused on the architecture and strategy pertaining to channels where the customer engages Citi through mobile, web and device methods.
- The Head of Consumer Insights Platform Architecture will report directly to the Global Chief Architect of Digital Channels. The selected candidate will orchestrate a forward looking technology plan for this domain to provide market-competitive (or differentiated as needed) capability at optimal speed and/or total cost of ownership. Specifically, this role is expected to lead development of deep market insights, perform competitive assessments, understand and directly inform business and technology strategy, define the reference architecture, and create/maintain a roadmap of capability and investment aligned to critical business needs and technology requirements. This Head of Consumer Insights Platform Architecture will have a global strategic market focus for their domain while directly influencing the regional and LOB investment decisions to ensure they inform and further the reference architecture and roadmap pertaining to their domain. This role may also manage a set of resources who focus on similar Consumer Insights Platform workloads, strategies and roadmaps across the Consumer Bank.
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, alternate solution providers and ranking, leading practices and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations. Ensure technology roadmaps are developed within the context of expected market developments and the opportunities/threats they present.
- Demonstrate technology thought leadership, foster productive business relationships and build strong sponsorship of our technology architecture and roadmap. Understand and influence business strategy, ensuring it’s informed by current and emerging technology capability and supported by our architecture and roadmap.
- Maintain reference architecture for the assigned domain(s), ensuring it’s anchored in current/emerging business requirements, consistent with enterprise and sector architectural tenets, supported by clearly defined financial and non-financial rationale and actionable within the context of Citi’s investment and risk appetite.
- Maintain domain level comprehensive technology roadmaps encompassing application and related infrastructure services that are consistent with the reference architecture and phased in accordance with business priorities, investment and risk appetite and regulatory, risk and compliance requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of current and forecast domain economics (e.g. run cost trend, expected investment and potential impairments). Ensure roadmaps support business and technology financial objectives and both highlight and mitigate financialrisks to the extent possible.
- Provide domain leadership within global and regional architecture forums, ensuring the reference architecture and roadmap at domain level are informed by practical requirements and that design decisions remain consistent with the architecture and roadmap; ensure appropriate governance of exceptions and stringent follow-up to ensure all conditions of approval are met within the committed timeframe.
- Foster regionally aligned solution architect/design communities with intimate knowledge of our reference architecture and roadmaps and a governance process that will ensure our reference architecture and roadmap remain relevant within regional contexts and central to individual investment and project decisions.
- Ensure early engagement of partner organizations (e.g. CATE and CTI) in the development of our reference architecture and roadmap. Ensure planned capability can be satisfied by partner organizations within the timeframe required. Manage the consistency of partner organizations across regions.
- If required, manage a team of architects to support similar domain efforts. Provide leadership and mentorship in developing their careers while holding them accountable to their goals. Work in conjunction with the regional CTOs to manage workloads, deliverables, coaching, performance reviews and compensation recommendations.
- Develop high performing talent both in our CTO teams and the engineering teams we engage; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect and collaboration across the CTO function and with GCT, CTI, CATE and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting all areas of CTO responsibility and structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk.
- Develop consumer facing AI, machine learning, deep learning strategies by consuming from the data domains which underpin the digital businesses. Work directly with business stakeholders, technical channel owners and other chief architects to create roadmaps and priorities for publishing and consuming events across LOBs, channels, and regions. Develop the patterns and execution plans for data streaming, NLP and other developing analytical platforms in collaboration with data domain owners in order to create reference architectures. Manage the global roadmaps for location based tools, crowd sourcing, merchant cleansing, customer transaction categorization, application logging, MIS logging, Arcsight / SAD logging and like technologies which can be used as part of the overall Insights Platform.
- Bachelordegree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field
- Master’s degreepreferred