The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with strong day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
As the Head of Compensation Design and Integrity, you'll be responsible for the health of the GMS business. You'll manage a team that ensures GMS has the right incentives in place to drive sustainable business growth and customer success. You'll be responsible for sales policies set by our Go-to-Market teams are sufficient and clear, have buy-in from sales leadership, are supported by GMS processes and tools and enforced across GMS teams.
Additionally, you'll be responsible for smooth operations in sales support across the GMS sales programs and teams by running several GMS sales operations teams. You will create and implement plans to achieve the above goals, working closely with other RSO teams, global leadership teams and cross-functional partners. You'll have exposure to leaders at all levels of our organization as you overcome challenges that will unlock our growth, while developing and presenting your recommendations to GMS leadership ongoing.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Marketing Solutions (GMS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the "human face" of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. Together, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Lead a high-performing team to deliver on all quarterly strategic and operational priorities, as detailed below.
- Partner with other teams on incentives and the offerings list. Serve as a thought leader on incentive design. Be a trusted advisor for program managers to help ensure incentives and workflows are aligned and drive the sales behaviors.
- Identify compliance risks across the global GMS teams and programs and ensure tools, processes and policies enable ethical and compliant sales behaviors. Enforce compliance across all sales teams and address egregious behaviors with partner teams like HR or Internal Audit.
- Lead efficiencies for sales programs across GMS though operations, and sales support teams. Identify areas for improvement in processes and tools and program design and drive sales satisfaction and quality of work.
- Deliver executive communications; develop narratives, partner across cross-functional teams on content, and lead delivery of messaging across GMS teams.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant work experience in leading strategy and operations for organizations.
- Experience in a people management capacity.
- Consulting or Corporate Strategy experience.
- Ability to lead complex operational and strategic initiatives.
- Ability to manage, influence and persuade others without direct authority.
- Ability to work effectively across global cultures.
- Strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, coupled with effective business acumen and a moral compass.