Mattermost is seeking a highly motivated, growth-oriented Head of Community to play a critical role in shaping our community strategy. They will be responsible for leading advocacy, management, and community adoption of Mattermost while building relationships with key influencers in the industry.
- Lead developer advocacy to drive advocacy outcomes (awareness, education, relationship building).
- Lead community management to increase engagement of user and contributor communities, and elevate members to become top advocates of the community.
- Influence long-term strategy and shape the vision of the community.
- Build deep partnerships with high-impact developer and open-source communities (e.g. Jitsi, GitLab, CNCF, Go).
- Define a plan for community and developer events in partnership with developer advocacy, marketing, and business stakeholders.
- Drive community adoption of Mattermost by running non-profit, education, and open-source programs, and supporting the growth of these communities.
- Influence product user journey from awareness to early adoption of Mattermost.
- Inspire a communities-centred culture across the company, and be the voice of the community.
- 5+ years of relevant experience growing developer or open source communities.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of community managers and/or advocates.
- Relentlessly resourceful, who drives to overcome obstacles and has a bias to taking immediate action.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to navigate complex challenges by aligning internal and external stakeholders on a common goal.
- Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment where you are prepared to initiate and thrive in change.