The role will report to the CMO while working closely with the CEO and Executive Team, and can be based in either New York or Paris.
Dashlane is a password manager and online security app. Our award-winning app keeps logins, personal data, and payment info secure and accessible using patented, zero-knowledge architecture. Our team in Paris, New York, and Lisbon is united by our passion for password security and the belief that with the right tools, we can help every digital citizen realize the promise of the internet. Dashlane has already enabled over $17 billion in e-commerce transactions and empowered over 11 million users in 180 countries to manage and secure their digital identities.
We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our business and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Most PR & Comms leaders are tasked with focusing on value protection – keep the company out of trouble when crisis inevitably is at the doorstep. Not at Dashlane. Instead, you will focus on value creation – thoughtfully pushing Dashlane into the growing discourse at the intersection of tech and policy. Consistently making the news and getting noticed requires being connected to culture and the ability to tell powerful stories. This role will demand both.
Ideally, you avidly follow our space and are comfortable explaining complex concepts in plain language. You will be someone who cares deeply about the future of the web and has an affinity for the utopian ideals it was founded upon.
At Dashlane you will:
- Build a world-class, global strategic communications and PR plan and team that will elevate our brand, expand (and deepen) awareness of our mission and our values, and increase the visibility of our mission, leaders, and products across a range of audiences.
- Be our eyes and ears: Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject Dashlane into the current news cycle.
- Drive story idea development and work closely with traditional and online media to shape communications that are in line with our overall objectives.
- Identify forward-thinking opportunities and strategic bets in communications.
- Work with Marketing and Product teams to develop and support integrated marketing campaigns and evangelize new product launches.
- Own strategy behind our relationships with vendors, partner PR agencies, journalists, and relevant thought leaders.
- Develop on-brand, high-quality written materials to position Dashlane and its executives as thought leaders, and drive brand awareness and new business opportunities.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate communications, with a deep background developing and executing strategic corporate communications programs.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget.
We're Also Looking For:
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such as communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of top-tier business and trade media and conferences, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining key relationships with tech journalists and though leaders.
- A demonstrated hands-on media and thought leadership approach is crucial.
- Ability to build and motivate a team. A strong team orientation is critical based on our collaborative culture.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level executives and deliver connective insights to drive alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives.
- Experience building relationships and working with stakeholders across departments.