Essential Duties andResponsibilities
- Develop and implement commercial strategies while partnering with our valued client to deliver a regional transit rail system to connect communities and commuters across one of the largest cities in North America.
- Lead the procurement and administration of large transit rail programs, linking technical to finance and legal measures.
- Oversee risk assessment, management and transfer through contractual mechanisms.
- Provide procurement training and ensure legislative compliance through sound leadership and guidance.
- Lead cost modeler for alternative program delivery methodologies and financing.
- Manage to contract requirements, drive profitability and build new opportunities.
- Involves continuous client contact, provide commercial direction to the project team while providing information about the status of the project to the client, stakeholders and internal management.
- Lead commercial relationships including performance and negotiation.
- Develop and implement quality commercial management systems on the program.
Terms of Employment: Full Time Language of Work:English
The minimum qualifications for this position are: MinimumQualifications
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 20years of professional experience including 10 years of experience in the Commercial Management of major programs or projects, ideally including transit rail.
- Experience with a variety of project delivery methods, including Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build, and extensively in Public Private Partnerships/ AFP delivery.
- Demonstrated understanding of transit, commercial management, procurement, risk, legal, finance and other key disciplines necessary to deliver a capital improvement program.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing commercial management on large infrastructure program.
- Capability to operate at a client/stakeholder leadership level to secure decisions on strategic procurement decisions.
Demonstrated experience in the management of complex commercial relationships
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- International experience on major rail projects
- Program governance and policy experience