The Head of Commercial Analytics & Insights will build from the ground up and lead the function responsible for creating operational capabilities in Market Research, Competitive Intelligence and Commercial Analytics and Insights to support launch of products with in the US and pipeline.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build operational capabilities within the US, including the establishment of individual roles and teams, and all processes, and systems required to support Marketing, Market Access, Sales, Patient Services, Medical Affairs and leadership teams.
- Inspire, coach, manage and develop employees to achieve and grow as individuals and a cohesive team
- Effectively manage multiple external vendor/partner relationships to ensure high quality and insightful deliverables to help manage the business
- Establish an innovative culture that fosters the development of objective data-driven approaches to commercial analytics and market research utilizing both primary and secondary tools.
- Deliver market, customer, and product insights that are actionable for the team and support the achievement of Commercial goals
- Lead the proposal, design and execution of qualitative and quantitative market research and analytics initiatives to support existing and future assets
- Analyze and interpret results from research in context of collective insights, prepare meaningful, timely reports and presentations for the brand and leadership team.
- Serve as Provider, Patient and Payor market research subject matter expert
- Establish and maintain appropriate competitive intelligence process to support company, brand, and pipeline planning processes globally
- Manage all ongoing activity designed to collect and synthesize information on relevant competitive developments
- Support the assessment of Commercial strategies and tactics to quantify ROI and to make recommendations to optimize the use of existing/future resources
- Partner with Finance to manage the department budget including vendor agreements and contracts.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Highly skilled in influencing cross-functional teams, including interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders and with scientific and commercial teams
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Adaptive and motivated to build and lead while "rolling up their sleeves" to get it done
- Solid business, planning and budget management acumen
- Demonstrated experience in outsourcing key commercial operations functions and effectively managing partner relationships
- Ability to motivate and lead teams
- Record of attracting and developing strong talent both internally and externally. Proven ability to grow and develop others
- Ability to partner with Business Information Systems (BIS) to define systems requirements
- Good understanding of regulatory and legal requirements to pharmaceutical commercial operations
- Ability to travel up to 20-30% of the time including overnight stays and weekends.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- BA or BS, MBA Preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial functions within the biopharmaceutical industry with 5-7 years in market research, commercial analytics or competitive intelligence.
- Comprehensive understanding of common qualitative and quantitative market research methodologies
- Strong analytical skills with the capability to effectively define business issues and recommendations
- Start-up and Launch experience a plus
- Familiarity with leading pharma industry commercial vendors