Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
The Head of Client Engagement is responsible for planning, directing, organizing and managing a single major service function/product service area. Provides supervision to managers overseeing one or more units. Provides overall guidance and direction to the policyholder services function. Ensures programs in place for the training, development and motivation of staff. Develops and administers the annual department operating plan and budget. Ensures that expenses, production goals and actual production are in line with expectations. Maintains field and policyholder goodwill by assuring prompt processing of transactions and inquiries meet expected timelines. Anticipates and provides solutions to the most complex business and operations problems, often interacting directly with general agents, agents and various department heads including Advanced Markets, New Business Underwriting, Compliance, Product and other areas. Oversees progress of department project teams investigating service-related topics and plans and implements changes. Adheres to both company policy and governmental regulations concerning department. Stays abreast of pertinent state and federal regulations.
In addition to other oversight responsibilities, this role will have accountability for a new servicing model for the insourcing of our Direct-to-Consumer GALI product and subsequent products. This leader will also be accountable for ensuring future opportunities are identified for this servicing model, performance is acceptable and reported as needed, new demand is supported, budgetary commitments are met and the partnership with the Retiree Middle Market Team is developed and strengthened over time. This team may also contact prospective customers based on sales leads provided through the Direct –to-Consumer Channel requiring associates be appropriately licensed and generate new sales.
- Participates as member of the management team to develop unit objectives, strategies, and operational planning
- Has wide latitude in decision-making and accountability for budgetary alignment.
- Establishes long term work plans for the function.
- Facilitates periodic update meetings with strategic business partners
- Manages expenses, develops & monitors productivity goals and prepares progress reports
- Provides feedback and input into the development of workflows, procedures and enhancements.
- Helps build a strategically agile organization
- Empowers employees to make changes by guiding and coaching them
- Develops trust by fulfilling personal commitments
- Holds open, candid and transparent conversations. Fosters a secure environment to learn and express ideas
- Promotes health and well-being of employees
- Manages the daily operation and works to support and implement service and efficiency improvements. Ensures adherence to all policies, procedures, programs, and workflows
- Effectively manages business operations, key customer trends, financial performance, and compliance with regulatory factors; and company policies; manages risk and drives results
- Manages to all elements of capacity and resource planning including attrition, shrinkage, efficiency, etc.
- Drives continuous and sustainable service performance and growth through the use of LEAN techniques including application of MassMutual Way Foundational Standards; Creates a culture of high performance, innovation and experimentation
- Ensures employees understand how their role impacts the business and our customers; Establishes and assesses the achievement of realistic, challenging objectives and commitments through ongoing coaching and at minimum, quarterly performance discussions
- Fosters a positive team environment and provides ongoing guidance and career development opportunities to direct reports. Develops and motivates staff driving to high levels of engagement and satisfaction
- Collaborates with peers within and across sites to create a climate that fosters a learning environment and drives our success
- Maintains field and policyholder goodwill by assuring prompt servicing of calls, and inquiries; meets expected timelines; Consistently delivers on service commitments and takes ownership for resolving escalated and/or complex requests
- 8+ years of related work experience & 5+ years of management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to lead and motivate large teams while meeting operational and financial objectives
- Flexible, can-do attitude, self-motivated, self-sufficient and ability to work effectively with peers and business partners
- Exposure and experience with Change Management skills/methodologies
- Works well in diverse, fast paced and dynamic professional environment
- Demonstrates strong energy level and a passion for performance excellence and talent management
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Candidate must have the ability to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
Demonstrate all MassMutual WINNING WAYS
- Customer Focus: Anticipate customers’ needs to exceed their expectations
- Execution: Hold self and others accountable for following through the process to achieve business results
- Improvement & Innovation: Continually seek to improve how we work
- Judgement-Decision Making: Take accountability to make informed and timely decisions
- Problem Solving: Look for problems as an opportunity for improvement
- Teamwork: Help each other succeed as a team
- Change Leadership: Helping each other adapt to change
- Drive Alignment: Build a strategically agile organization
- Engage & Inspire: Use communication as a tool to drive alignment
- Talent Enhancement: Mutual accountability to continually develop our talent
MassMutual Financial Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.