The Head of Channel Sales will be tasked with leading Digital Software and Solutions (DS&S) Group’s global sales efforts directed towards GTM partners.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Head of Channel Sales is an experienced business development professional responsible for leading a team of partner managers.
This team will identify and secure strategic global partnerships that can deliver accelerated revenue growth to DS&S The individual opens doors and drives new partnership development, performing analysis of the partner’s business operations, growth goals and objectives. In addition, The individual will collaborate with the partner to devise a business plan that supports the partner’s sales objectives and enables DS&S to grow its revenue and wallet share.
• Responsible for driving global GTM channelsales strategy in collaboration with all internal DS&S stakeholders (GM, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management)
• Aggressively identify and build new partner relationships to profitability grow and accelerate revenue for DS&S. With the team, act as the champion of our software and value proposition to new partners.
• Effectively engage business executives (VP, SVP & C Level) within the partner to define and execute opportunities for mutual business growth. Ensure executive peer-to-peer relationships develop and flourish.
• Lead the sales cycle with the partner, from strategic approach, defining solution opportunities to business modeling and term sheet negotiations. Work to streamline and accelerate business development process for new partnerships.
• Ensure the team of partner managers build a continuous pipeline of leads/opportunities and drive balanced sales growth through the Partner Sales team.
• With the GM & Group Head, evaluate the partner’s strategy and product development plans, organizational structure and based on that, develop a pursuit plan that positions DS&S Software to fit the partner’s business model and objectives.
• Manage the partner contractual process internally with TCS’ legal team and externally with the partner.
• Accurately set, manage, and meets revenue targets.
• Ensure partners meet expectations relative to pipeline development, technical capabilities, support functions and other commercial practices.
• Determine proactive competitive strategies and targeted salescampaigns specific to partner’s capabilities and needs and successfully articulates, positions, and differentiates DS&S offerings.
• Generate presentation, marketing materials targeted at prospective business partners, as well as partnership proposals, etc. and collaborate with key DS&S executives on presentations, deal development and negotiations.
• Liaise with appropriate DS&S staff to assist with general marketing initiatives and advise on the most effective ways in which to communicate to the DS&S partner base to win new business and to build the DS&S brand positively.
• Build a continuous sales pipeline in support of securing new business and ensuring the partner’s business success as a DS&S partner.
• Close effective, profitable, and productive partnerships.
• Drive transformational process and sales strategies to build and accelerate new partnershipsales.
• Drive strategic relationships and key business opportunities.
• Work collaboratively with partner development and support staff globally to share expertise, resources, best practices, market knowledge and other forms of effective commercial information.
• Solicit and apply partner feedback (internal and external) to improve service.
• Support the development of competitive analysis.
• Support presentations and trade shows, partner events, and other industry events as required.
20years proven partner acquisition experience within an enterprise software environment and the following experiences, skills, and personal attributes listed below:
• Managed and led a team of global partner sales professionals in support of revenue targets.
• Strong professional presence with credibility in the enterprise software industry.
• Previously demonstrated ability to create and manage successful strategic relationships with global GTM Partners.
• Demonstrated experience closing new partnership relationships with both Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and traditional software companies.
• Experience implementing cutting-edge partnershipsales strategies utilizing technology.
• Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed revenue targets.
• Experience in managing complex negotiations and in working with legal staff.
• Ability to work and think at both strategic and tactical levels.
• Knowledge of business processes as well as risk awareness.
• Outstanding communication skills, including prospecting, presenting, negotiating and ability to clearly present complex ideas in ways that engages end-user audience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work globally and within a variety of situations across all levels of management.
• Track record of success in an entrepreneurial culture requiring resourcefulness and the ability to develop and close deals with a demonstrated ability to exceed quarterly quota targets.
• Minimum a bachelors degree. Masters degreepreferred.
• Travel: 50% to 75%