- Job ID: 18016327
- Citi’s Global Consumer Bank Chief Technology Officer (CTO) function is responsible for strategic and operational management of the technology environment supporting Citi’s Global Consumer Technology (GCT) function. Key responsibilities of the CTO include: enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation, strategy and roadmap development; software development technology, process and design standards; performance engineering and testing; development operations (devops) strategy and execution; operational management and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI; and production management of GCB’s global application portfolio.
- The Global Chief Architect of Core Products and Risk organization will be comprised of domain experts who are specifically focused on the architecture and strategy pertaining to Consumer Banking products like Retail/Wealth, Cards/Customer and Lending/Utilities, Risk and Payments focusing on Processing using standard exposition
- The Head of Cards and Customer Architecture will report directly to the Global Chief Architect of Core Products and Risk. This role is responsible for Customer Domain and Cards Domain supporting products like Credit Cards, Partner Cards, Pre Paid Cards, Loyalty Cards including all core cards core processing like Authorizations, Account Receivables, Chargebacks, loyalty, Billing and Statements. This role will orchestrate a forward looking technology plan for these domains to provide market-competitive (or differentiated as needed) capability at optimal speed and/or total cost of ownership. Specifically, the Head of Cards and Customer Architecture is expected to lead development of deep market insights, perform competitive assessments, understand and directly inform business and technology strategy, define the reference architecture, and create/maintain a roadmap of capability and investment aligned to critical business needs and technology requirements. This role will have a global strategic market focus for their domain while directly influencing the regional and LOB investment decisions to ensure they inform and further the reference architecture and roadmap pertaining to their domain. This role will also operate in a dual-function by managing a set of regional specific solutions architects who are focused on Customer and Cards projects. As such, the Head of Cards and Customer Architecture will indirectly report to the regional architect for accountability in maintaining alignment and governance with regional priorities.
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, alternate solution providers and ranking, leading practices and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations. Ensure technology roadmaps are developed within the context of expected market developments and the opportunities/threats they present.
- Demonstrate technology thought leadership, foster productive business relationships and build strong sponsorship of our technology architecture and roadmap. Understand and influence business strategy, ensuring it’s informed by current and emerging technology capability and supported by our architecture and roadmap.
- Maintain reference architecture for the assigned domain(s), ensuring it’s anchored in current/emerging business requirements, consistent with enterprise and sector architectural tenets, supported by clearly defined financial and non-financial rationale and actionable within the context of Citi’s investment and risk appetite.
- Maintain domain level comprehensive technology roadmaps encompassing application and related infrastructure services that are consistent with the reference architecture and phased in accordance with business priorities, investment and risk appetite and regulatory, risk and compliance requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of current and forecast domain economics (e.g. run cost trend, expected investment and potential impairments). Ensure roadmaps support business and technology financial objectives and both highlight and mitigate financialrisks to the extent possible.
- Provide domain leadership within global and regional architecture forums, ensuring the reference architecture and roadmap at domain level are informed by practical requirements and that design decisions remain consistent with the architecture and roadmap; ensure appropriate governance of exceptions and stringent follow-up to ensure all conditions of approval are met within the committed timeframe.
- Foster regionally aligned solution architect/design communities with intimate knowledge of our reference architecture and roadmaps and a governance process that will ensure our reference architecture and roadmap remain relevant within regional contexts and central to individual investment and project decisions.
- Ensure early engagement of partner organizations (e.g. CATE and CTI) in the development of our reference architecture and roadmap. Ensure planned capability can be satisfied by partner organizations within the timeframe required. Manage the consistency of partner organizations across regions.
- Manage a team of architects to support digital domain efforts. Provide leadership and mentorship in developing their careers while holding them accountable to their goals. Work in conjunction with the regional CTOs to manage workloads, deliverables, coaching, performance reviews and compensation recommendations.
- Develop high performing talent both in our CTO teams and the engineering teams we engage; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect and collaboration across the CTO function and with GCT, CTI, CATE and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting all areas of CTO responsibility and structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk.
- Lead regional tech and stakeholder collaboration to drive and publish a global technical roadmap for Cards and Customer Domains sets and
Capability reuse with Point of Convergence as success measure. Partner with the product engineering heads to develop Customer and Cards technology roadmaps, BIAN adoption of domain capabilities for Customer and Cards Domain encompassing standards like ISO8583, ISO200022, and exposition of capabilities of Credit Cards, Partner Cards, Loyalty Cards and Pre Paid cards and defining the Roadmap for adoption of Reference Architecture leveraging the Business Investments to migrate to Core Utility Processing and laying the roadmap for externalization of the Product definition and Pricing schemes to enable more richer offering from a customer perspective and enabling the regions in consumer to adapt to the Reference Architecture standards in force and in alignment with Business Strategy In addition, responsibility for overall governance of implemented Product features in Cards and Customer domain compliant with Information security and derive the domains in to commodity utility processing with Standard exposition of features functions as per the Citi API standards and Platform Standards.
- Bachelordegree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field.
- Master's degreepreferred