Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Business Strategy & Operations team sets and drives key business initiatives across the company. We complement and support product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams across three critical areas: corporate and business unit strategy, business planning and sales operations, and business systems and tools development.
As the Head of Business Strategy, you will report to the VP of Business Strategy and Operations and lead a team of Project Leads and Associates. You will work closely with our Executive team to set corporate and business-unit strategy, develop cross-functional operational plans, identify critical success metrics for the business, and lay the groundwork for their implementation. We are a fast growing company and you will have the opportunity to roll-up your sleeves and help the company move from strategy to execution.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and be comfortable interacting with all levels, including Executive Management, Sales, Finance, and Sales Operations leaders and colleagues. The ideal candidate will be able to handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine informationsupporting a rapidly changing organization. We're seeking a self-starter who can help guide key strategic projects and who will take the initiative to ensure smooth execution.
- You will work closely with Dropbox’s executive leadership to define and develop key business insights, drive scalable growth strategies, and help support the execution of these plans.
- You will structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses with the support of Analytics team and presenting final recommendations that will drive short- and long-term growth.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to help guide initial implementation of critical plans.
- You will evaluate the performance of current business operations and recommend strategies and tactics to achieve business goals.
- You will need to stay abreast of and share industry, competitor, and consumer behavior trends that can impact Dropbox
- You will build a world-class Business Strategy team and provide coaching, thought partnership, and mentorship to team members. You will define a strong team culture and provide the vision for the team.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance; M.B.A. or other advanced technical degree strongly preferred
- 10 - 12+ years experience in management consulting, strategy & operations at a tech company; demonstrated top quartile performance
- Significant experience leading complex, cross-functional projects with multiple partners; experience with a rapidly scaling business is a plus
- Strong relationship-building skills and experienceworking closely with senior executives, the ability to develop strong working relationships with other business functions quickly to operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- You are highly analytical, good at breaking down problems and delivering actions
- You have a low ego attitude: willing to shift from high-level critical thinking, to rolling up your sleeves and supporting implementation
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape
- You are a visionary leader and are able to inspire your team to great performance