Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Head of IRPS Business Management, the Head of Resource Planning and Analysis will be responsible for developing and managing resource and capacity plans to support the execution of the business unit's overall strategy. This position is responsible for defining and delivering the data and analytics processes and management dashboards for IRPS to operate more effectively. This individual will serve as an internal expert on data and analytics strategies, relying upon experience and internal relationships to develop data and analytics capabilities for the business unit with a focus on capacity and resource management.
This function will deepen the management analytical capabilities within IRPS to improve upon existing reporting. Additionally, this role will further strengthen the business unit’s ability to manage capacity and resources within an organization with controllable expenses of nearly $400 million.
This position will be responsible for developing and deploying enhanced analytics and dashboards, and reports. This individual will collaborate with dedicated business partner functions across Finance, HR, and the GM Lead team to deliver capabilities that drive greater measurement, resource allocation enhancements and operating leverage.
This position will oversee the architecture, deployment, and sustainability of an IRPS-wide approach to capacity and expense management that delivers superior growth, efficiency, quality and employee engagement. The individual will develop a plan to promote awareness of resource management across IRPS. In this role, the person is expected to closely with HR to ensure individual people leaders, as well as Business Units, have requisite deployment, sustainability resources and that HR-related issues are addressed in a timely fashion
This individual will be called upon to participate in many large scale, highly visible, firm-wide initiatives and projects, as requested by the Head of IRPS Business Management IRPS.
This position will be responsible for supporting the strategic direction and management of the capacity and resource allocation. The individual will manages the forecasting, planning and resource optimization across the IRPS organization. He or she will work closely with senior leaders to develop and execute a resourcing strategy that will optimize the allocation of resources that should result in effective cost management for the firm. The individual will be responsible for forecasting and planning resources across multiple locations, across several business lines and functions. The person will partner with site leads, and senior managers to ensure that all plans developed and executed are aligned to support business unit strategies.
In this role, the individual will support IRPS Management’s strategic decision-making through enhanced performance reporting. This position will serve as the leader in developing and improving IRPS management reporting and data analytics capabilities. In this role, the individual partner with business unit leader to identify opportunities to improve reporting in an effort to enhance business performance.
- College degree and 8years of related work experience, or Associatedegree and 10 years related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 12years related work experience
- 10+ years of experience within the financial services industry, with a focus on business management, data, analytics and insights
- Ability to consult and influence senior leaders
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at different levels in and across the organization and to articulate to nontechnical audiences.
- Strong consultative skills required to work directly with the business to understand data capability gaps and work across the organization to develop new capabilities for firm leverage.
- Knowledge and experience using analytics tools, building dashboards and reports and drawing insights
- Demonstrated people management and leadership skills/experience with an eye toward talent management
- Strong drive for results and independent initiative
- Proven capability to proactively and urgently address problems and escalating business issues
- Solid oral and written communication, problem solving and project management skills
- The ability to actively manage multiple project tasks, resources and deadlines are essential
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
- Ten years of experience in data and analytics methodologies and processes for Investment Management Distribution businesses
- Experience managing and leading virtual, cross-functional teams
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer