Haven Life is an insurtech innovator, backed and wholly owned by MassMutual that creatively uses technology to advance the life insurance industry and better serve the modern customer.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We're looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter, strategic business thinker and experienced partnership builder to join our team. You will be responsible for helping to drive the company's DTC strategy and growth by pursuing, closing and cultivating revenue-generating partnerships. You will collaborate closely with Haven Life's General Manager, CEO and Head of Customer Acquisition to achieve these goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop a B2B2C distribution strategy to significantly scale Haven Life DTC policy sales
- Grow and manage a high-performance sales team.
- Execute business agreements that measurably drive growth and profitability
- Identify and vet potential partners, craft and pitch a compelling value proposition and offering.
- Create and deepen relationships with executives across verticals to understand their business and identify mutually beneficial opportunities
- Ensure partner satisfaction and growth
- Ideate and develop products and integrations in conjunction with product teams to create long-term win-win opportunities and relationships.
- Manage product and marketing execution related to opportunities generated
- Provide ongoing support and thought leadership around strategic initiatives
- Partner effectively with internal teams -- primarily, marketing, operations, product, compliance, and legal -- to help achieve company-wide goals
- 10+ years of experience in business and strategic development.
- Experience in InsurTech, FinTech or Life Insurance.
- History and comfort selling technology products and services
- Experience building and managing a sales team
- Amazing communicator, with both individuals and groups
- Strong ability to dig deeper and understand underlying motivations
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with business owners at the highest levels, translating needs of the business into comprehensive strategic plans
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and prioritize effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to skillfully balance issue of accountability against other business and company priorities
- While we're all working from home these days, you must have the ability to work from our NYC location full time when we return to the office.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
NICE TO HAVES
- 5+ years experience in InsurTech, FinTech or Life Insurance.
- Has a strong network within the Financial & Insurance Industry
- Demonstrate the ability to form approachable and problem solving internal and external relationships