About Robotic Process Automation
As the pioneer, innovator and market leader in RPA, Blue Prism delivers the world’s most successful Digital Workforce. The company’s software robots automate transactions and improve operational efficiencies while meeting the requirements of the most demanding IT environments, where security, compliance and scalability are paramount. Blue Prism provides a scalable and robust execution platform for best-of-breed AI and cognitive technologies and has emerged as the trusted and secure RPA platform of choice for the Fortune 500.
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Head of Business Development is a leadership role responsible for increasing company revenue by ensuring that the Business Development (Inbound & Outbound) team contributes to driving the overall sales pipeline by identifying and developing new business opportunities
The HoBD manages a team of outbound & inbound business development reps who are in charge of driving pipeline across all levels at Blue Prism (corporate, Enterprise & Strategic Accounts) by qualifying inbound marketing generated leads and strategic outbound prospecting. The HoBD will ensure that the BD team maintains a healthy, meaningful level of activity through coaching, on-the-job training, being fully conscious of their work morale & motivation while overseeing the day to day management of the BD team.
The HoBD role needs to work with other functions but most closely with Corporate Marketing, Field Marketing and End-User Sales. The HoBD is responsible for proposing, coordinating and devising business development & Account based marketing strategies with senior members of marketing & sales management. The HoBD has strict targets on executing against the agreed strategies in-line with the desired business outcome to sell deeper, wider, higher, faster across the G2000.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand the strategy that the GM, AVP of Sales for the region is trying to undertake.
- Work closely and build great relationships with stakeholders like Head of Sales and Field Marketing to propose, devise plans to execute on said strategy.
- Maintain a regular cadence of discussion with stakeholders for transparency and updates. Communicate clearly what is needed for the BDRs to be successful in executing the strategy to help the organisation drive pipeline.
- Ensure that BDRs are clear on the strategy and next steps.
- Ensure that BDRs are hitting KPIs by executing correctly through careful oversight of the accounts they are working on. Day to day management to drive the BDRs are carrying out healthy levels of activities in meaningful, strategic and well-thought-out ways.
- Drive a healthy level of BDR activities, make sure that the outbound efforts are meaningful, strategic, in-line with what the Sales Directors are trying to achieve and make sure that BDRs meet agreed upon SLAs.
- Always be looking to tighten the handshake at the lead hand-off process with the End-User Sales team by ensuring the integrity of the BDRs work, making sure that the lead is a targeted and/or well qualified lead.
- Weekly team meetings to catch-up as a group to share highlights and achievements, plan activities for the week, share target commitment and forecast for the week.
- Weekly 1:1s with the team to maintain the BDRs motivation, understand if there are any domestic distress that affects work, understand roadblocks in hitting KPIs and finding the right people/resources to overcome that, build a relationship with the team and understand their career aspirations to plan for advancement projects.
- Provide weekly activity and meeting reports to the sales leaders and monthly reports to senior management.
Dimensions of the Role
- Organisational interlocks: Sales Leadership, Marketing Leadership, Field Sales, Customer Success, Partner Sales, Pre-Sales, Field Marketing, Marketing Operations, Sales Operations, Product Marketing, Product Marketing
- Technologies Supporting the role: Marketo, SalesForce, SalesLoft, LeadIQ, Lusha, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Ultipro
- Success Metrics: Responsible for Key Stakeholder Engagement within target accounts, Pipeline Generation & New Opportunity Creation for the region
- Five+ years of prospecting experience, depending on the complexity of the product/ solution being sold, as well as the level of prospect being called (e.g. IT buyer vs. CXO)
- 2 – 4 years people management experience
- B2B experience essential
- SalesForce & SalesLoft experience is essential
- Familiarity with MAPs and SFA systems
- Experience in an industry with a significant volume of customer/prospect interaction
Additional Skills, Experience, Languages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Able to manage relationships with internal C-Levels
- Strong leadership qualities
- Flexible Vacation: We're a team of innovators who work hard, and with hard work comes much needed time off. We all need time off! We offer a flexible vacation plan for all our employees that offers great work/life balance
- 401K Match
- Parental Leave: Blue Prism fully supports all types of families as they welcome a new child into their home
- Employee Share Plan: Our employees are our biggest advocates! We offer the incentive to be included in our growth via RSUs