As a Delivery manager within the EIM Department, you will work with the Business to ensure their data needs are met by fully documenting their data requirements and comprehensively testing solutions delivered by the Data Engineering and Reporting team. You will collaborate with other IT teams to ensure solution alignment and compliance with IT Standards & controls.
You will be responsible for staff management, vendor management and budget planning, forecasting and actuals auditing.
Management Responsibilities include:
- Manages a resource portfolio - acquires and develops appropriately skilled resources. Manages performance via coaching and feedback. Assigns & allocates resources from multiple sources, as appropriate, to service and support the EIM team. Resource pool may include American Modern full-time and part-time associates, onshore-offshore resources, contract for hire firms, strategic vendor partners, etc.
- Manages innovation by maintaining an awareness of trends and directions in the information technology and insurance industries, and applies them as appropriate to enable our business objectives
- Assists with defining departmental policy, development of strategic, long range and tactical plans for EIM Department
- Collaborates with business and IT leaders in setting direction and priorities as appropriate for scope of responsibilities
- Communicates and executes the vision, direction, and plans, which enable their functional area to deliver cost effective and timely support of existing business applications.
- Accountable for on-time delivery of projects & Data Operations that meet the business expectations for functionality and quality
Practice Management Responsibilities include:
- Partners with Business SMEs and Data Stewards to ensure Requirements Analysts help mature AMIG’s data domains to create broader understanding of our data and effectively leveraging it to build effective business solutions
- Leads the Requirements Analyst team in building the process value chain, functional and data domains, conceptual data models etc. needed to deliver value to the Business
- Builds Requirements practice that will translate business requirements to technical requirements for the EIM development and testing resources leading to effective solution delivery
- Matures Quality Engineering discipline of EIM practice by embracing new technologies and quality tools.
- Develops rigor in existing practices of system testing, regression testing, Golden data set creations etc.
- Drives test automation principles and efficient test coverage and quality to enhance delivery
- Builds best practices and standards for SDLC artifacts for Business Requirements and Testing teams
- Evaluates & recommends tools, techniques, processes and methodologies to improve the delivery, quality and cost of technology solutions for EIM functional areas you lead
IT Delivery Manager responsibilities include:
- Oversees day-to-day project activities and operations related to EIM functions performed by Requirements and Testing team resources
- Measures and reports on the effectiveness of the staff using metrics such as on-time delivery, defect rates, allocation of time, etc.
- Ensures solutions meet business requirements and are delivered with high quality in accordance with architectural standards and design patterns.
- Enhances delivery by embracing agile principles and leveraging automation where appropriate
- 15+ years of work experience in EIM discipline and/or Software Project Management discipline
- 5+ years of Teams Management experience with proven supervisory and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related fields
- In-depth knowledge of P&C Insurance business, CPCU certification Preferred
- Good working knowledge of business process modeling, data analysis, data profiling techniques
- Good working knowledge of data testing and test automation concepts, practices and techniques. Excellent understanding of and experience in implementing various stages of testing - Unit, Integration, Regression etc.
- Good knowledge of tools, methodologies and procedures in an agile framework.
- Customer focus with demonstrated customer engagement skills (relationship / team builder)
- Demonstrated experience in building cohesive team in onsite-offshore setup
- Analytical (proven problem solver) skills and attention to detail
- Written and verbal communications skills to all levels of management