Head of Business Affairs - AG Entertainment
As head of Business Affairs, this position structures and negotiates all entertainment, digital, and new partner relationships, working with worldwide broadcaster, home video and co-production partners & clients. The position also assists President of AGE with everyday operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Negotiate, draft and review standard affiliation/distribution agreements with broadcasters on a worldwide basis through all media channels worldwide, including pay TV, free TV, home video, video on demand, pay per view, download to own, mobile and internet.
2. Negotiate development, production and financing terms for all new media deals made with co-production partners, both domestic and international.
3. Work closely with worldwide sales team out of New York headed by vice president of program sales; develop processes and procedures to assure smooth and reliable delivery of media assets and associated documentation.
4. Develop and manage system of rights clearances, assuring that licensed assets are legally available, avoiding rights conflict situations, and identifying unlicensed components of media assets that are available for re-licensing.
5. Format, draft and negotiate basic deal agreements such as development, acquisitions, coproductions, music, independent contractor agreements, and amendments to various types of agreements, and other documents as directed by President of AGE and/or AG Corporate legal
6. Perform financial analysis and projections against various deal structures, modeling out the impact of different scenarios.
7. Is knowledgeable and up to date with developments in broadcast, online, gaming and device spaces through regular attendance at industry conferences – providing strategic analysis of new trends, opportunities and threats.
8. Is knowledgeable and up to date on available financing models as it relates to all media on a worldwide basis. Understands complex financing models that can involve tax credits and subsidies, which can reduce AGE’s exposure in any media production.
9. Serve as a regular contact and resource to AGE’s production and development team.
10. Analyze and summarize comments on all draft agreements from opposing representation.
11. Manages contract administration staff in New York and Cleveland; oversees operation of Jaguar database system, supervise administration of contracts and track renewal dates; manage trademark clearances in connection with licensing operations and interface with legal group.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- Experience in overseeing a staff of several individuals.
- Several years hands-on experience working within the entertainment arena
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Minimum of two years of business and legal affairs handling kids’ entertainment at a network, production company or lawfirm.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Solid background and knowledge in copyright and trademark laws
• Ability to work independently, set own priorities under deadlines, and to multitask
• Handle high volume of diverse work
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear and effective communication skills
- 4-yeardegree and JD
Career Site Category