The Opportunity: Morningstar’s mission is to empower investor success. We believe that when the investor wins, we all win. Our Brand is among the most trusted in financial services industry and a critical source of differentiation for our business. We are looking for a new Head of Brand Strategy to lead and invigorate our brand programs and marketing.
We are looking for an experienced leader to assume overall global responsibility for the strategy of the Morningstar master brand and to develop our global brand portfolio. In this role you will be responsible to ensure the success of a dynamic and growing team and to work with stakeholders across the firm to ensure the growing value of our brand. This role reports to Morningstar’s Chief Marketing Officer and will be located in one of our major offices, preferably in Chicago.
- Manage and evolve our master brand strategy including brand architecture framework, new product and entity branding, corporate advertising programs, brand research and governance and reputation programs.
- Create and maximize marketing strategies, programs, and measures to support and grow the Company’s brands within their sphere of influence.
- Advocate our mission, our brand relevance and our brand asset value to internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage and develop programs to ensure brand integrity across experiences while cultivating brand innovation and relevance at all customer touch points.
- Manage and evolve our brand agencies and production partners.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders to innovate solutions and new opportunities for delivering increased awareness and brand preference for the Company’s brands.
- Communicate plans, programs, and results to executive management.
- Work closely with other marketing team leaders to ensure differentiation across all of the company’s brands.
- This position guides and leads the Brand team and acts as liaison across the firm for brand related business opportunities and issues.
- 15+ years of experience in brand marketing and business leadership. Experience in financial services technology is a plus.
- Track record of successfully leading cross-functional teams to develop and execute go-to-market strategies and multi-channel marketing programs helping coach them to their full potential and driving a spirit of continuous improvement.
- Experience with multiple brands and managing a portfolio of brands globally.
- Executive presentation skills to all types of audiences, including executive leadership, clients, and partners.
- Must be data-driven and understand how to translate marketing metrics into opportunities for action.
- Self-starter and passion for investing, committed to testing, learning, and iterating.
- Experience developing, delivering and optimizing annual and multi-year strategic marketing plans and accompanying budgets.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or advanced degree preferred.