This position is accountable to manage and lead an agile DevOps team that builds out new automation features, enhancements and handles various support tickets across multiple distinct business units. Partners with central team leads to ensure all decisions are strategic in nature and further improves time to market while keeping developers within standards and best practice guard rails. Manages to clear objective KPI’s. This role reports to the Director of Software Engineering and DevOps.
Manage and drive a team that:
- Develops / Supervises adherence to DevOps toolchain standards.
- Develops / Supervises re-useable tool chains for common application patterns.
- Prioritizes Application Inventory for DevOps implementations.
- Assists Development teams in the implementation and customization of the DevOps chain.
- Leverages and influences toolchain products working with DevOps Engineering Support.
- Implements DevOps reference implementations.
- Enables self-serve based pipeline including zero click deployments.
- Documentations and starter guides of toolchain, best practices and release notes.
- Ensures automation/notifications for control functions.
- Ensures full integration and support with Quality Engineering.
- Develops and provides KPIs and Metrics for builds.
- Enables DevOps processes and tools for brown-field and Cloud-Native applications/services.
- Help streamline application release pipeline and release management.
The Ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or IT.
- At least 5+ years managing a technical team.
- Experience managing a horizontal team a plus.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodology and implementations.
- Passionate about communication and collaboration.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Good time-management skills.
- Critical thinker with sound problem solving skills.
- Total of 6+ years of IT experience, including 3+ years as DevOps Engineer and 1+ years of development experience in Java or .NET.
- Experience in using and integrating with GitHub, Maven, .NetBuild, Artifactory, JUnit, Jenkins, SonarQube, JMeter, Hygieia, Jira.
- Infrastructure technical skills (Linux and Windows operating system).
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Docker, Chef, Terraform).
- Cloud experience: Know how to perform AWS cloud operations tasks such as increasing volume sizes, or upgrading deployments, with little to no down time.
- Strong experience in enabling DevOps on cloud services (AWS, PCF).
- Desirable: Some understanding of the insurance and financial services industry.