- Job ID: 18015660
- The Head of Development Technology & Process reports to the Global CTO and acts as principal architect of GCT’s development environment, responsible for setting and governing standards for the technology, design patterns, methodology, and tooling used in the development of software by GCT. This role works in unison with CATE and development leaders/practitioners across GCT to ensure all aspects of GCT’s development environment remain consistent with enterprise standards and enable a high standard of developer productivity, engagement, and delivery of efficient high-quality software solutions. In addition, the Head of Development Technology & Process influences strategy, develops of capability, and fosters a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism, and excellence across the global CTO function.
- The Head of API and Information Engineering Patterns will report to the Head of Development Technology & Process and act as the global leader of GCT’s API strategy, responsible for setting and governing API standards across regions and lines-of-business with a mandate to identify and implement best practices for effective implementation of APIs for GCB’s 15,000-strong application development organization. The API and Information Engineering team will provide critical development patterns and guidance for accelerated rollout of features and functions as APIs using Continuous Delivery cycles at best in class cost while minimizing Citi risk. This role will work in unison with GCT leadership, CTI, CATE and development and QA leaders and practitioners to optimize the software development lifecycle for APIs and ensure all interfaces are compliant with enterprise standards; enabling a high level of reuse, and abstraction from our digital and surround interfaces to our core product processors. Central to the success of this role is a leader who is recognized for thought leadership in the API domain; respected as an experienced practitioner; and possessing both pragmatic knowledge about our GCT and Citi processes, as well as deep knowledge of industry best practices with API Management Platforms. Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills that facilitate influence, coupled with a passion and energy to lead the organization to a world-class standard of software delivery are important to the role as well. The Head of API and Information Engineering Patterns is a pivotal leadership role on the CTO team and is expected to influence strategy, the development of capability, and foster a culture of innovation, dependability, pragmatism, and excellence across the global CTO Development Technology & Process organization.
- Develop an enterprise standard for API development within Global Consumer Technology across regions and lines-of-business, including collaboration with peers in CATE and ICG to establish patterns for domain driven development and expose microservices as APIs, and manage, secure, and mediate API traffic with a focus on both external and internal API usage to support a bi-modal application architecture approach (fast delivery of customer-facing applications developed under agile practices decoupled from slower release cycles of backend legacy systems).
- Lead innovation and adoption of standards aligned with various modes of API development and delivery, ranging from new microservices with bounded data contexts; to wrapped legacy services using variety of middlewarearchitectures to access mainframe host systems. Institute Dev Sec Ops practices to ensure early security focus on API development, telemetry, and end user monitoring for APIs; facilitate adoption of Dev Ops culture across all teams to take APIs from development through production.
- Socialize emerging best practices for API development and provide path for migration from previous standards to new best practices across GCT development communities in conjunction with the respective development leaders; ensure guidance and oversight on effective use and visibility of appropriate adoption metrics.
- Facilitate collaboration with key partners and stakeholders across regions and with industry consortiums like BIAN (Banking Industry ArchitectureNetwork) for setting governance, direction and tactical delivery of improved API development capability that includes all aspects like discovery, requirements through performance, certification, deployment and availability.
- Govern GCT’s methodology for API development with the goal of achieving speed and stability via high frequency deployment in a multi-tenant model with reduced lead time; and simultaneously develop resilient models to reduce change failure rate and lower the Mean Time to Recover (MTTR) from change failures.
- Manage engagement into CATE (Enterprise Engineering) to ensure alignment between engineering priorities and timelines for API management platform and Service Catalog certification and supporting infrastructure product and delivery commitments being made by GCT; serve as the conduit into CATE to communicate requirements for the selection and certification of new API management platforms and service catalog capabilities.
- Define and implement an end-to-end API management platform to provide self-service capabilities for API provisioning, monitoring of capacity utilization, provisioning of additional capacity, segment traffic, monitor and set quality-of-service guidelines; collaborate with Information Security, CATE and CTI for regular upgrades to this platform to ensure compliance with latest security measures in order to protect Citi from attacks at API end points.
- Develop and manage collaboration agenda with CTO Chief Data Architect team to ensure consistency with Global Consumer Information Model (GCIM) and Global Consumer Service Landscape (GCSL) linked to Banking Industry ArchitectureNetwork (BIAN) for domain driven development.
- Provide thought leadership with respect to the key technologies underpinning APIs like microservices and event driven architectures; drive adoption of domain driven development practices across GCT development communities.
- Recruit and develop high performing talent; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect, and collaboration across the CTO function and with GCT, CTI, CATE, and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism, and excellence.
- Drive resources to mature performance certification skill sets including forward compatibility with emerging platform and application technologies focusing on API space.
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, leading practices, and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance, and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting this key area of CTO responsibility with structured and visible plans for mitigation of any risk.
- Lead and advocate for change in the API development space, this requires influencing senior levels of management across organizations including GCT, CTI, and CATE.
- Bachelordegree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field
- Master’s degreepreferred