- Job ID: 18016338
- The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) function is responsible for strategic and operational management of the technology environment supporting Citi’s Global Consumer Technology (GCT) function. Key responsibilities of the CTO include: enterprise architecture governance; technology innovation, strategy and roadmap development; software development technology, process and design standards; performance engineering and testing; development operations (devops) strategy and execution; operational management and optimization of infrastructure in conjunction with CTI; and production management of GCB’s global application portfolio.
- The Head of Analytics and BI Architecture is responsible for orchestrating a forward looking technology plan for their Sub domain to provide market-competitive (or differentiated as needed) capability at optimal speed and/or total cost of ownership. Specifically, the Head of Analytics and BI Architecture is expected to develop deep market insight, perform competitive assessment, understand and inform business and technology strategy, define the reference architecture and maintain a roadmap of capability and investment aligned to critical business needs and technology requirements. This role will have a strategic, global and market focus for their Sub domains while directly influencing the regional and LOB investment decisions to ensure they inform and further the reference architecture and roadmap pertaining to their Sub domains.
- The Head of Analytics and BI Architecture works closely with business users, analysts, data scientists, and data engineers who need both capabilities and meaningful, usable data for analytics and reporting. Responsibilities include understanding the data quality requirements to ensure that they are reflected in the architecture and solution designs. Manages team members who can engage to resolve specific issues and coordinate both timely and strategic solutions.
- Maintain and apply a broad and current industry perspective on technology trends/opportunities, alternate solution providers and ranking, leading practices and our position/capability/performance relative to direct competitors and parallel industries/organizations. Ensure technology roadmaps are developed within the context of expected market developments and the opportunities/threats they present.
- Demonstrate technology thought leadership, foster productive business relationships and build strong sponsorship of our technology architecture and roadmap. Understand and influence business strategy, ensuring it’s informed by current and emerging technology capability and supported by our architecture and roadmap.
- Maintain reference architecture for the assigned Sub domain(s), ensuring it’s anchored in current/emerging business requirements, consistent with enterprise and sector architectural tenets, supported by clearly defined financial and non-financial rationale and actionable within the context of Citi’s investment and risk appetite.
- Maintain Sub domain Level comprehensive technology roadmaps encompassing application and related infrastructure services that are consistent with the reference architecture and phased in accordance with business priorities, investment and risk appetite and regulatory, risk and compliance requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive view of current and forecast Sub domain economics (e.g. run cost trend, expected investment and potential impairments). Ensure roadmaps support business and technology financial objectives and both highlight and mitigate financialrisks to the extent possible.
- Provide Sub Domain leadership within global and regional architecture forums, ensuring the reference architecture and roadmap at sub domain level are informed by practical requirements and that design decisions remain consistent with the architecture and roadmap; ensure appropriate governance of exceptions and stringent follow-up to ensure all conditions of approval are met within the committed timeframe.
- Foster a strong regionally aligned solution architect/design community with intimate knowledge of our reference architect and roadmap and a governance process that will ensure our reference architecture and roadmap remain relevant within regional context and central to individual investment and project decisions.
- Ensure early engagement of partner organizations (e.g. CATE and CTI) in the development of our reference architecture and roadmap. Ensure planned capability can be satisfied by partner organizations within the timeframe required. Help manage the consistency of partner organizations across regions.
- Develop high performing talent both in our teams and in the engineering teams we engage; develop a learning environment; demonstrate teamwork, respect and collaboration across the CTO function and with GCT, CTI, CATE and other partner organizations, and foster a culture of innovation, commercial savvy, dependability, pragmatism and excellence.
- Ensure all regulatory, compliance and internal control requirements are met, while maintaining a measured view of risk affecting all areas of CTO responsibility and structured and visible plans for mitigation of this risk.
- Assist in the development of the roadmap and strategies for Consumer Bank’s underlying data management platforms including instruction Kits, SDKs, Dev Guides, API reference documents, experts, blogs, social, and group helps, certificate progression from sandbox to production, metrics, reports and notifications across authorized APIs, managing volumes and throttling capabilities, profile and hierarchy management for authorizing functionality, service level monitoring, bug reporting and escalation process, T&Cs, rate agreements, billing management, overall internal developer portal platform and content management, API versioning and modernization. In addition, assist the domain lead for the overall build of security features, push protocols and APIs to ingest and process external data and hold inside Citi persistence layers. Interface with Data and Security teams to address gaps and risks to building overall platform.