The Head of Absence Product Management will work directly with the Product Management Director on the development, management and delivery of Absence strategy, products, programs, services, and thought leadership initiatives. This role will drive key product development initiatives primarily focused on the introduction and refinement of new and existing benefits and services, which are directly aligned with the Absence Management strategy.
The Head of Absence Product Management will focus on the execution of our absence management roadmap with emphasis on the client experience, market readiness, the creation of sustainable, scalable solutions, and delivering on our promises. Ultimately, this individual will support our continued growth in the Absence Management market.
Through effective collaboration with other business units and supporting shared service teams, this individual will lead the development of innovative and differentiated product solutions, promote our brand, work to improve the client experience via enhancement and improvements in process and systems, and facilitate the continuous refinement of our existing benefits, programs, and services. The Head of Absence Product Management will be accountable for defining and moving product concepts, business improvement initiatives, and thought leadership pieces through the internal environment to meet required delivery dates, as well as supporting other business units with training and general product support.
- Product Development activities to include leading all aspects of new product, benefit, and service development including: concept design and testing/ development / build, operational readiness / system support, tracking / oversight of control phase.
- Partner with cross-functional teamto define product features. Accountable for making decisions with limited guidance from Product Development Director, related to project deliverables and execution of delivery schedule.
- Monitor product initiatives, provide data analysis and reporting, and develop recommendations for improving tracking and performance leveraging existing Project Management and Product Development Process.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, and training related to Absence Management and product related deliverables to cross-functional business units (Distribution, Marketing, Service Center), including but not limited to: product features, internal business processes, and external market / competitive landscape.
- Accountable for updatinginternal training material and delivering product training to new hires as needed.
- Build productive relationships with field staff to garner customer feedback and understand customer experience as well as assist field stadd with promoting products. Support training of field staff and engage with field staff in order to facilitate product and process improvements.
- Partner with colleagues across the business unit to research, evaluate and implement "Best Practices" and process improvements - may include product review and evaluation, product related technology initiatives, and general business processes.
- Assist Product Development Director with Annual Strategic Planning Process. Source content for review phases, facilitate delivery and execution of planning documents, plan and coordinate related meetings.
- Keep informed of industry / market trends and legislation. Recommend modifications to the product when necessary to remain compliant with state and federal law, identify emerging trends that might have significant future impact on business, assess competitors product offerings and capabilities to ensure that all aspects of our Absence Management product remains marketable, compliant, and competitive in the market.
- 10+ years of experienceworking withAbsence Management Products and Services
- Deep technical knowledge of absence management technology
- Proven ability to execute on high profile strategic priorities
- Demonstrated competency in managing small, mid, and large scale multi-functional projects
- Prior product development and project management experience in insurance industry or for a Third Party Administrator
- Knowledge of key business drivers, product design principles, product assessment, market review, and pricing
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong relationship building and project management skills
- Proficient in data analysis and market segmentation
- Ability to think creatively to resolve routine, complex and/or unusual issues
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- General understanding of Project Management Process
- Bachelor’s degree. Mastersdegreepreferred