$80K — $100K *
About NYC Health + Hospitals
Elmhurst Hospital Center (EHC) is the major tertiary care provider in the borough of Queens. The hospital is comprised of 545 beds and is a Level I Trauma Center, an Emergency Heart Care Station and a 911 Receiving Hospital. It is the premiere health care organization for key areas such as Surgery, Cardiology, Women's Health, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation Medicine, Renal and Mental Health Services.
1. Performs major duties and functions as described for the Staff Nurse.
2. Coordinates, guides and directs the development, implementation and evaluation of the
nursing regimen for patients/clients within the unit.
3. Coordinates the preparation and maintenance of nursing care plans and progress notes on
4. Reviews and analyzes trends pertinent to delivery of nursing care services within the unit
and initiates appropriate innovations or makes recommendations for needed changes.
5. Develops and maintains a system of evaluation of nursing care, practices and procedures,
including evaluation of nursing personnel within a unit.
6. Conducts conferences to develop nursing care plans and to promote staff development.
7. When assigned to continuing education for Nursing Service, assists in planning,
preparation, implementation and evaluation of training and educational activities for
nursing practitioners and allied personnel.
1. Licensed and currently registered to practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
2. Demonstrated competence as a Nursing Practitioner; and,
3. Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development; and,
4. One year of experience as a Professional Nurse; and,
5. Enrollment in a Baccalaureate Degree program in Nursing, having attained at least thirty credits toward a Baccalaureate Degree; or,
6. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid through: 3/4/2021
$80K — $100K
26 days ago