The Head Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) for D10X Global Consumer Banking (GCB) in New York will coach individual start-ups generated by the D10X program and may manage a small team of contractors and Citi employees. The individual will report directly to the D10X GCB lead and be a key member of the D10X GCB leadership team. In this leadership position he/she will support design, strategy and execution of the overall portfolio and help to define and execute the strategy of the D10X program overall. He/she will also dotted line report to the Global Head EIR to ensure program-wide quality control, the sharing of best practices, and consistency of coaching excellence.
- Manage New York based EIRs including responsibility for local hiring, onboarding, performance evaluation and development.
- Help the teams rapidly learn and internalize how startups think and behave, and provide teaching and support to areas that are unfamiliar and intimidating to our founders.
- Support the Head of GCB D10x on overall program and portfolio initiatives – strategy, methodology, processes, tools, and outcomes.
- Create a culture of innovation, creativity and high performance in the GCB NY team.
- Design and lead the execution of the validation and piloting model for the GCB D10X Program working with key partners including business, technology, risk and controls to ensure buy-in and scalability. This would include being responsible for methodology and process design, agency vendor contracting and engagement, and the shepherding of efforts through internal governance and controls processes.
- Instill a metrics driven approach to the coaching practice including establishing objectives and key responsibilities along with associated measurements.
- Actively seek opportunities to leverage platforms and best practices across Citi Ventures, key GCB business and tech partners, and Citi's internal innovation ecosystem.
- Ad hoc special projects supporting the heads of D10x and Citi Ventures leadership.
- BS/BA Required, advanced degree preferred
- 10-15 years work experience.
- Ecosystem knowledge and connectivity including incubators, accelerators, VCs and startups.
- Experience mentoring start-ups.
- Start-up experience in a leadership role.
- Lean startup fluency and digital product expertise.
- Building and managing a high performing team.
- Ambidextrous leadership – operator and creator.
- Comfort with ambiguity. Demonstrates optimism and agility in adjusting in the face of new and emerging opportunities and challenges.
- Self-starter. Able to instill a sense of urgency in others as needed.
- Experience in scaling and productizing new businesses or products.
- Ability to develop relationships and credibility with senior stakeholders.
- Creating followership – both from direct reports, adjacent teams and further out colleagues and partners. Gravitas and vision.
- Ability to frame ambiguous, unstructured information in a logical and structured manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, collaboration and influencing skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.