Responsible for oversight of assigned Housing Choice Voucher housing programs activities. Performs managerial, supervisory, and administrative tasks involved in planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing efforts to provide low-income housing through the Authority?s Housing Choice Voucher housing programs. The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements regarding duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment in association with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, interprets, and implements Authority, departmental, and HUD policies, rules, regulations, and legislation pertaining to Housing Choice Voucher programs, contracting, inspections, and intake, and recommends changes as needed.
- Meets with management and Leasing, Applications, Finance, Inspections, Training, Quality Control, and Information departs to resolve internal issues and concerns to facilitate the flow of information and resolve internal issues affecting Housing Choice Voucher programs.
- Resolves problems between tenants and landlords that affect the Housing Choice Voucher program through daily direct contact with line staff and assessment and verification of factors at issue.
- Conducts informal hearings withlandlords/property owners who are in violation of Housing Choice Voucher policies and monitors owners that are in violation to determine whether the suspension of participation is necessary.
- Performs contracting and Housing Choice Voucher intake, by reviewing applications and documentation for completeness, verifying and determining eligibility by reviewing reports to ensure SEMAP indicators are met, verifying proof of ownership, ensuring lease is in compliance with HUD regulations, and logging appropriate data into a computerized system.
- Responds to owner/landlord inquiries and/or concerns about specific contracts or the Leased Housing Program in general and communicates in writing or directly with tenants and landlords on day-to-day issues as needed.
- Oversees staff communications with real estate agencies and landlords to ensure rents remain within fair market value and correct calculations of Housing Choice Voucher rental subsidies are performed, monitoring rent increases and abatements for accuracy.
- Ensures all Request for Tenancy Approval (RFTA) forms are complete, executed by landlord and tenant, and data is correctly entered in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures executed contracts are accurately entered into the system to ensure correct and punctual payments to property owners.
- Processes payment checks to tenants and landlords in a timely and accurate manner, monitoring all components of the Housing Choice Voucher program for compliance to ensure Housing Choice Voucher payment standards are observed. Supervises collection of Accounts Receivable for landlords.
- Works with external HUD auditor on a monthly basis to solve and correct data problems regarding submission of the performance of Authority. Compiles and presents reports to analyze and review department performance.
- Ensures all contracts between Authority and property owners are complete, accurate, and properly executed in a timely manner.
- Ensures the timely processing of ownership addresses and changes to management agreements.
- Ensures tenants and owners receive proper and timely notification of required annual inspections and recertification and monitors results of quality control inspections to determine proper administration and compliance with Housing Choice Voucher/HQS rules and regulations.
- Supervises staff, providing ongoing assistance to support a positive and productive working environment. Coordinates daily work activities; organizes, prioritizes, and assigns work; monitors status of work in progress, reviews reports regarding completed work/inspections; consults with assigned staff, assists with complex/problem situations, and works with employees to correct deficiencies in work processes.
- Monitors compliance with Housing Choice Voucher rules and regulations and conducts follow-up evaluations of units to ensure HQS regulations are properly administered.
- Handles documents of a sensitive nature and maintains confidentiality regarding all documents and information received by or in the possession of the employee.
- Undertakes and performs other work-related duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or provide relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise balance the workload.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, business, urban planning or closely related field and 3+ years of appropriate supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the Housing Choice Voucher eligibility requirements pertaining to agents/owners, as required by HUD.
- Requires good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to present information in a clear, organized, and convincing manner.
- General knowledge of the modern principles, practices, and techniques of personnel management and training.
- Ability to accurately and completely document in writing appropriate events, findings, and activities.
- Ability to plan, direct, and supervise the work of others, to delegate responsibility, and to hold subordinates accountable for tasks assigned.
- Ability to supervise the work of others and to hold subordinates accountable for tasks assigned.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, co-workers, and persons outside the Authority.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise narrative and statistical reports.
- Ability to deal effectively with situations requiring tact and diplomacy, yet firmness.
- Ability to deal effectively with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to operate appropriate Authority computer equipment and software packages.
- Valid Ohio driver?s license.
Job Type: Full-time
- Program Management: 5years
- Housing Administration: 2years
Required license or certification:
- Ohio Driver's License