RD Level IIProvides medical nutrition therapy for patients who have chronic disease or are at risk for chronic disease. Responsible for providing group and/or individual diabetes self-management education (DSME) to patients and family members in order to enable them to learn techniques to bring their disease under control, avoid potential complications and bring about lasting improvements in quality of life. Areas of education include blood glucose monitoring, behavior modification, nutritional/exercise concepts, dietary modification/meal planning, insulin self-management, oral medicine self-management, diabetes care during illness/pregnancy, and/or insulin pump management. The RD CDE assesses patient needs and develops an individualized plan of care to facilitate the skills needed to positively impact diabetes management and works in collaboration with the physician or APP to titrate insulin and attain treatment goals.
· Bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics; Master's degree preferred.
· Completion of a Coordinated Program in Dietetics or Dietetic Internship accredited by ACEND (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics) of no less than 900 hours (1200 hours for graduates of programs beginning 2012)
· Registered Dietitian (RD) by The Commission of Dietetic Registration
· Licensed as a Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN) by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics and Nutrition.
· Additional 1000 hours of diabetes related medical nutrition therapy with successful passing of the Certified Diabetes Educator exam (CDE).
Professional Experience Requirements:· Specialist - Five (5) years as an RD in a clinical environment with at least three (3) years of those in diabetes care.
Job ID: OTH01L9I