division consists of 13 hospitals in Missouri, Kansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana. This position will be located in the division offices in Kansas City.
HCA MidAmerica is part of HCA, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services,. HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include 177 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom.
Though we span 21 states and two countries, we are all part of one incredible story about 270,000 talented and diverse colleagues, united in a mission to care for and improve human life. We are grounded in a culture that is patient-focused and compassionate, and we are supported by an organization whose unique scale unlocks possibilities. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS: Education
- Directs multidisciplinary team in identifying and implementing sustainable changes that result in improved clinical processes, which lead to improved outcomes
- Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer, Division Vice President of Quality, and Facility leadership to identify and determine facility clinical variance opportunities and targets based on peer group analysis.
- Works directly with physicians, executive leaders, directors and staff to implement and maintain clinical excellence.
- Strategically plans and implements clinical excellence projects with hospital executives and division leadership.
- Analyzes clinical performance data to identify clinical variation opportunities and makes recommendations to facility and division leadership in alignment with the facility's strategic plan.
- Recommends changes or improvements based on research and evidence to implement clinical best practices.
- Drives improved clinical outcomes through the development and deployment of standard toolkits, processes and clinical assessments.
- Collaborates with Division Chief Medical Officer, Division VP of Quality, and corporate groups to implement clinical performance improvement strategies.
- Provides best practices and clinical evidence to physicians and multi-disciplinary teams to assist in clinical performance improvement.
- Collaborates with facility, division and corporate leaders to develop and/or identify best demonstrated practices to improve clinical and operational performance.
- Coordinates division and corporate resources to ensure successful execution of established clinical performance agenda.
- Prioritizes work based upon the needs of the business and in accordance and alignment with company strategy.
- Ensures standardization and consistency across operations; Communicates routinely with Division Leadership to ensure alignment across the clinical operations program.
- Serves as the clinical operations primary consultant in clinical performance improvement and implementation teams.
- Works to adjust strategies to respond to changing business needs.
- Develops presentations to present to a wide audience at the hospital and division levels.
- Actively participates in projects and conversations with clinical operations.
- Communicates timely and effectively in a matrix environment.
- Drives business decisions through the development and use of analytics.
- Works in a remote and in a matrix environment.
- Practices and adheres to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
Bachelor's degree required (BSN)
Master's degree preferred (MSN or MBA) Experience
Five years professional work experience required.
Experience in working with physicians and/or other clinicians in driving efficiency and value required.
HCA clinical and financial systems experience preferred. License/Certification
Clinical licensure required (RN)