CSRA supports the United States Coast Guard (USCG) TISCOM - TESS program which provides critical services and support to meet the demands of the USCG mission. TISCOM – TESS responsibilities include providing reliable enterprise IT services and responsive technical support for Coast Guard men and women around the globe as it develops, deploys, and supports the information technology (IT) infrastructure for the USCG networks for land, aviation, and sea based assets. Requirements include O&M of existing systems to engineering/deployment of new capabilities.
CSRA’s TISCOM – TESS program is an environment that mixes physical and virtual technologies, utilizing a collaboration of many different vendors. TISCOM – TESS sets precedence for IT policies and procedures for the entire enterprise, supporting over 65,000 users in a Windows Active Directory architecture. A fast paced atmosphere, TISCOM – TESS is always looking towards the future with opportunities to deliver its users with the best tools and support.
Currently, we are seeking an HBSS Systems Administrator in Alexandria, VA. The selected candidate must obtain government security clearance, per contract requirements (Clearance Level: Secret).
- Responsible for system operations and maintenance (O&M), and security of the enterprise servers.
- Develop TTPs that address how the organization will ensure HBSS is fully operational in accordance with USCG and USCYBERCOM directives.
- Ensure all implemented patches; maintenance releases, version upgrades, and implemented tuning are integrated into the program baseline after release by PL.
- Update the HBSS agents, modules, signature files, and policy sets within 30 days of release/approval by CAB.
- Ensure Rogue System Detection sensors have coverage per USCYBERCOM direction and alerts are reviewed daily.
- Identify and report any implementation, configuration, resource and coverage gaps regarding the deployment and operation of HBSS.
- Operates HBSS on all assets in accordance with approved operating procedures. This includes monitoring HBSS operations and alert logs, notifying their chain of command in accordance with local incident handling procedures, and updating HBSS agents with appropriately approved HBSS policy set changes, programmatic updates, and patches.
- Ensure all assets are being monitored by HBSS, and coordinate with local support to install HBSS agent if unable to install remotely.
- Serves as first level escalation point for HBSS related tickets/issues
- Works to identify root cause of HBSS-related incidents and provide workaround if applicable to restore service
- Escalates to proper office in cases where current tiertroubleshooting has been exhausted.
- Assists with troubleshootingof all escalated issues
- Provide feedback to engineering on HBSS documentation and process improvements.
- Remediate all systems with missing or out of compliance modules and/or antivirus and HIPS definitions.
- Remediate Distributed Repository replication failures.
- Setup and verify CutterCopy Solution is functioning properly on each Cutter.
- Process all Writeable Media Waiver Requests for SIPR
- Adds IP addresses to Trusted Networks for any vulnerability scanners in use by IAD.
- Implements appropriate blocking actions requested by CGCYBER in accordance with approved TTPs.
- Respond to and resolve incident tickets for HBSS issues
- Provide after-hour support and on-call support as required.
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- BA or equivalent + 3 yrs related experience, or MA + 1 yr related experience
- HBSS 201 and HBSS 301 DISA Certification (or able to obtain within first month of being on the job)
- Active SECRET
- 3+ years’ HBSS Admin experience
- 3+ years’ experience working with and a basic knowledge of Windows server 2008 R2 and Windows server 2012 R2 system administration
- 3+ years’ experience and a general understanding of applying patches and updates to servers and workstations
- 3+ years’ experience with Windows 7, 10 system administration
It would be great if you also had:
- Experience using enterprise level ticket routing system (Remedy preferred)
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Detail-oriented and able to organize information
- Strong customer service and oral/written communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently and produce results, given general priorities, required.