The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at HBO enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to all HBO affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of HBO’s innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. In additional to a solid technical foundation, the successful candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop and maintain applications to meet the needs of our business partners and their domestic and international users.
- Work closely with our geographically distributed development and testing teams to deliver high quality and highly secure applications that provide an optimal user experience for our users.
- Overall responsibility for design, development, code quality, deployments and support.
- 5+ years of established track record implementing large-scale, high-quality software applications
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS as well as on-premise datacenters
- Hands-on experience in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures
- Hands-on experience with server-side technologies including Java, Spring, Node.js and front-end frameworks like AngularJS
- Knowledge of SQL and database concepts for RDBMS’ such as Oracle as well as NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Knowledge of domain-driven design and design patterns
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools such as Jenkins
- Drive to master emerging technologies and shareexperience with team members
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues
- Ability to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development
- Ability to be a self-starter and to multitask
- Ability to fit into an agile development environment and create a positive influence
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience