Hazardous Waste Operations Support Manager
I. Job Summary
Serves as support person for Territory or Vertical. Activities include: implementation of new contracts, assisting with special projects, and staffing existing contracts as needed. May also assist Business Development and Territory/Vertical Managers with site walks, proposal development, and contract renewals. Significant travel is required (75%+).
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling, scheduling, manifesting and physically loading bulk and drum loads.
- Consult with client and prospective clients to identify, design and implement cost saving opportunities and proposals.
- Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues in a timely manner.
- Administer client and vendor financialobligations including invoicing, reporting and contracts.
- Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety, environmental, federal, state & local regulations.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of approximately 0 to 5 full-time operations level employees
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Environmental Sciences, Accounting or Business, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of hazardous waste management in an industrial or heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience: 7 years of hazardous waste management in an industrial or heavy manufacturing environment (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- RCRA and DOT regulatory compliance experiencerequired
- 40 Hour Hazwoper Certification required
- Previous manifesting and profiling experiencerequired
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- An entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and value to existing customers.
- Profit and loss (budgeting)
- Project management
- Customer service and vendor management
V. Competencies/ Traits
- Supervisory and team building skills
- Creative problem solving and innovative thinker
- Effective and concise communication
- Adept decision making
- Strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to deliver results