The Hatchery Manager manages and provides direction for hatchery operations necessary to support breeder and live porduction needs.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for the supervision and safety of all associates that work in the hatchery. Sets up and enforces safety programs and committees to instruct associates on all local, state, federal and company safety programs.
- Responsible for the maintenance and inventories of the building and all equipment, maintains inventories, equipment, parts and supplies as needed for operation. Coordinates all eggs required for all breeder placements and ensures no shortages occur.
- Responsible for quality and producton requirements, initiates programs, to accomplish the best possible hatchability. Determines goal setting to accomplish competitive CPMH (chicks per man hour) in all departments. Participates in QIP (Quality Improvement Plan).
- Responsible for all government required reporting such as community right to know, EPA and all state and federal requirements.
- Responsible for total operating costs of the hatchery. Must set goals in all costs areas to stay competitive with other hatcheries.
- Bachelors degree in a related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevent experience.
- Prior management experience.
- Reading, writing and anlytical skills required.
- Knowledge of, but not limited to incubation, mechanical, management skills, government regulations and sanitation.