This position is responsible for leading the team toward completing the validation process for the PD&E team during the development, launch and production cycle. This will include such areas as leading the team to develop the validation plan, reliability targets and testing of the product. The primary responsibility is to insure all work is completed on schedule and all portions of the validation work are advancing as planned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply engineering and problem-solving skills to develop control processes that will commonize products and improve component durability and life.
- Lead team to set and develop plans to meet reliability targets prior to launch.
- Lead team to manage Design Validation Plan and Report (DVP&R) to complete testing and ensure tests are completed with good documentation.
- Give input to components/ Prototype components design to increase durability, performance and reliability.
- Collaborate with engineering team to address hardware design, supplier, cost, assembly, and serviceability issues.
- Help coordinate testing resources such as test cells and rig equipment to ensure the correct work is being completed in the most time efficient way.
- Help lead a safe environment in the testing facilities.
- Translate product profile deliverables and other input into a technical profile at the subsystem and component level.
- Lead/participate in engine and component testing decisions - such as bench and rig tests, hardware testing, comparative analysis.
- Lead the use of key tools for the development process - Design Validation Planning & Review, Failure Mode Effect Analysis, 7 Step (8D, etc.) Problem Solving, etc.
- Lead 6 sigma projects and support other related process development projects.
- BS/MS Engineering.
- 5-15years of test, design or development experience in automotive industry.
- New product development a plus.
- Proficiency in DFMEA, DVP&R, and otherSix Sigma tools.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification a plus.
- Background knowledge of Engine Subsystems, Engine Performance, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics.