The Director of Supply Chain is a strategic position that will align Supply Chain strategy with Business goals as well as plan and direct all aspects of Supply Chain operational policies and objectives for the respective Business Unit. Leadership of the Supply Chain encompasses leading the procurement, warehousing, new product development sourcing and the strategic sourcing functions for the Business Unit. The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for ensuring the Supply Chain function continuously drives efficiencies and productivity in support of the respective category and Business Unit strategic plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop advanced competencies in strategic sourcing, procurement and materials functions primarily focused on developing innovative, efficient supply lines with competitive cycle time and best total cost in a global stakeholder system.
- Accountable for supplier performance improvement and supplier relationship management.
- Accountable for sourcing, planning and procurement of all direct materials used for boat production and ensuring materials and components are delivered at the right cost, right quality and on time to meet production requirements.
- Develop annual operation plans, budgets and key programs designed to reduce cost, improve efficiencies, and quality.
- Strategic planning and execution in support of annual growth plans to include rapid introduction of new products and new technologies.
- Recruit, select, develop and motivate talent while building operations bench strength in support of overall company growth.
- Identify financial and non-financial scorecard metrics that are trending negatively; co-develop improvement plans with functional leaders to facilitate improvement.
- Participate as a key stakeholder in the new product launch process to achieve best total cost and quality targets consistent with project timelines.
- Engage in sales & operations planning to ensure production capacity and material supply matches demand.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective product end-of-life program to minimize exposure to obsolescence and extended service requirements.
- Collaborate with all divisions to identify, leverage and maximize synergies across all Brunswick companies.
- Ten (10) plus years of supply chain, manufacturing, and logistics related experience within a professional environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain operations inclusive to Strategic Sourcing, Inventory & Warehouse Management, Logistics, and Demand Planning.
- A transformational leader possessing high degree of self-confidence, independent judgement and tough mindedness when necessary but balanced and flexible to decisions made as part of a collaborative executive team.
- Must possess maturity and savvy to create alignment across functional areas in the business in support of the long range strategic plans and annual operations plan.
- Visionary leader with the ability to create and communicate a vision for the future and translating it into clear strategies and specific actions.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills, including the ability to influence and negotiate effectively.
- Proficient with enterprise systems as well as working within a disparate system environment with a solid working knowledge of PC applications (MS Office, etc.)
- Leadership experience dealing with project planning, strategic planning and continuous improvement
- Ability to recruit, lead, and promote talent
- Leverage data analytics to make strategic and tactical business decisions.
- BS/BA Degree in business / finance or engineering (Advanced degree a plus)
- CPM, CPSM and / or CPIM certification a plus
- LeanSix Sigma skill set essential.