You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
What You’ll Do
- As a technical lead for HW verification, you will provide enthusiastic and inspirational technical leadership to the product development program team.
- In this role, you will be responsible for managing the HW verification through the entire HW development process in close collaboration with other technical teams.
- Early in the process, you will analyze program HW NUD’s (New, Unique, Difficult), identify and understand gaps in existing test methods/processes and innovate on covering those gaps with new tests.
- You’ll review product requirements & specifications and develop the verification strategy for your assigned product. Together with other product development leads you create the test plan, build a test schedule around the HW prototype build plan and synchronize it with other development teams.
- You make sure product testing is executed as planned through multiple prototype builds while tracking and managing the HW bug backlog. You make sure no shortcuts are taken regarding HW quality and everyone in the team stays honest regarding challenges at hand.
- You effectively communicate HW test results & status within product program ensuring HW related risks are well managed and mitigated.
- You work together with our team and external partners clearing HW bugs and improving product HW maturity until everyone agrees it is ready for mass production. You assist other teams on any HW verification related issues and support efforts to find root causes for found HW issues.
- When HW bugs are fixed and product is ready for mass production, you will ensure smooth transition of responsibilities to the Sustaining Engineering team.
Skills You’ll Need
- Passion for and experience in creating great products of high quality
- Energetic, committed and trustworthy character with positive, collaborative inter-personal skills.
- 8+ years successful experience in consumer hardware product development with BSEE, BSME or equivalent educational background.
- Good working knowledge of computing systems including analog/digital electronics and/or mechanics. Experience on transducers, audio amplifier hardware, acoustics and wireless communication technologies is a strong plus.
- Hands-on experience working with Linux/Unix operating systems command line interface.
- Uncompromising team work ethic and ability to connect with a diverse, multi-cultural team.
- Permitted to work in USA. Able to travel within US and Asia.
- Previous demonstrated leadership experience
- Background on transducers, audio amplifier hardware, acoustics, sound engineering or wireless communication technologies. Hands-on EE design experience.
- Expertise creating scripts using languages like Perl and/or python.
- Past collaboration with external ODM/JDM/CM partners from Asia.
- Experience integrating multiple sub-systems (including SW).
- Expertise troubleshooting and debugging wireless and networking systems.
- Working knowledge of quality tools and statistical methods.