There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Urbandale
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Hardware Test Engineer - 39395
As a Hardware Test Engineer, for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (Urbandale), you will execute test or analysis plans for product verification and validation. In addition, you will:
- Learn and apply company engineering policies and practices; learn company products.
- Produce and/or evaluate possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
- Apply existing applications to routine problems.
- Analyze assignments and determine engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for routine problems or projects.
- Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solutions required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
- Generate compliance test plans, collect compliance test reports and create technical construction folders.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Engineering experience gained through relevant internships and/or practical work experience
- Hardware design basics (component level design, layout basics)
- Software programming basics
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using electronic lab equipment
- Skill in using Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of drawing and schematic interpretation, product models, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in setting up a functioning laboratory bench top
- Experience with electronic controller trouble shooting
- Hardware EMI theory
- A Master’s degree in, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience with electronic products validation and verification
- Knowledge of hardware development processes
- Experience with multi-tasking
- Proven track record to learn new skills
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics engineering or related discipline