Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Coordinate with technicians to set up test environments for network solutions in labs and production data centers.
- Plan and execute tests to verify and validate functional & system level requirements.
- Debug and root cause test failures and in-service issues.
- Collaborate on new systems that push the frontier in networking technologies.
- Manage the transition of systems and solutions from prototype to production.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or related field
- 5 years experience deploying, maintaining, and administering network solutions
- Experience with common networking protocols (eg, TCP/IP, IPv6, DHCP, BGP)
- Experience working with Linux or Unix operating systems
- Masters degree in computer science, software engineering, or telecommunications
- Solutions engineering experience in a complex technical environment
- Relevant network certifications (JNCP, OCSA, or CCNP)
- Coding and database administration experience (e.g. C, C++, Python, and SQL)
- Knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time