As a hardware and software test engineer you will be responsible for capturing support software design requirements, and validation activities for electrical printed circuit assemblies or electro-mechanical assemblies being developed new by R&D or assemblies in production.
Candidate should be able to adopt and contribute to an existing Test Development framework that includes LabVIEW, Test Stand and SQL working with teams in other BD business segments.
- Works independently to specify, plan, design, develop, test electromechanical assemblies and support software components as assigned.
- Provides electrical engineering design development and support for test and production use.
- Advanced LabVIEW user able to quickly understand and architect a framework that includes code generation and skeleton generation for future projects across BD segments.
- Provides on-going manufacturing support for automated and semi-automated manufacturing lines.
- Definition of requirements for manufacturing process improvements and automation.
- Development of specifications for automation hardware, development of operating procedures, acceptance and validation test plans and protocols.
- Key contributor of electrical concepts, automation, HMI (Human Machine Interface) screens,
- Demonstrated ability to influence, motivate, and accomplish results through peers and junior level engineers.
- Able to organize and prioritize assignments providing direction to and participation in assigned cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills across all levels.
- Key functional or cross functional liaison with stakeholders concerning operational or project deliverables.
- General knowledge and understanding of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 21 CFR 820 and International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering with at least 5 years of relevant experience in an engineering role
- Advanced LabVIEW experience required, LabVIEW certification a plus.
- Understanding of Good documentation practices.
- Knowledge of IEC 60601 and Quality Management System dictated by FDA CFR21 Part 820 strongly preferred
- Experience in manufacturing, including implementations on products in existing production.
- Skilled in Office 365 and modern communication tools to facilitate collaboration with remote teams.
- Able to formulate plans to persuade and influence others of design choices through careful evaluation and presentation.
- Committed to the success of the team and has the ability to lead teams to success.
- Bring hardware and software design and integration know how and best practices.