Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware System Integrator, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Design Google's future products by managing architecture selection, electrical design and validation.
- Work with all cross-functional teams (software, product design, industrial design, program management, manufacturing operations) with emphasis working with platform power and battery teams to integrate those technologies into the final product.
- Plan and lead validation of your designs: lead complete functional verification, signal characterization, power modeling/test, and system coexistence testing.
- Bring your design to mass production by setting factory test requirements, assisting in software bring up, traveling on-site to the manufacturer to ensure the design is built and tested successfully.
- Work with and manage suppliers/manufacturing partners to establish mutually beneficial relationships for future product designs.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience in consumer electronics/embedded system design.
- Ability to travelinternationally up to 20% of the time.
- Experience with system integration with focus on mobile power systems, batteries, and battery charging.
- Experience with design of mobile phone base and power system design.
- Experience with any of the following: embedded systems, processor selection, various communication protocols (especially SPI, I2C, UART, MIPI, DSI), analog design, sensor design, low power design, Cadence/Allegro and RFtechnologies.
- Experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification and manufacturing support.
- Experience working within a lab-based environment (soldering, oscilloscopes, data acquisition).