Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
We are seeking exceptional candidates who possess a blend of technical and customer-facing skills to successfully support the Amazon Mobile-Robotic Fulfillment Systems solution. This job will require a unique combination of flexibility, troubleshooting, creativity, problem-solving skills, drive and ability to travel. As part of this highly visible team, candidates have the opportunity to work closely with technical teams within Amazon to contribute to the continuous innovation of the Mobile-Robotic Fulfillment System.
A successful candidate will have technical aptitude, data analysis, passion for hardware and operational troubleshooting, skills, and a desire to work within an elite group at the leading edge of Amazon's Mobile-Robotic Fulfillment System operations
• Provide on-site support to new building launches and new product introduction efforts to ensure Amazon Robotics hardware, support systems and personnel readiness during launch.
• Proactively monitor system performance and react to field issues using pre-defined troubleshooting methods to address concerns associated with hardware and floor health and escalate to HSE Leadership when necessary.
• Present site status at daily HSE Stand-Up Meetings.
• Collect, analyze, and report field failure data and quality trends to the Field Quality Team.
• Coordinate audit schedule and pre-audit communication, prepare audit reports, track corrective actions for sites in the assigned region, and perform audits as part of an audit team.
• Collect data and develop contents for biweekly sessions with Robotics Area Maintenance Managers, Lead Techs, and other HW Support Engineers to review hardware performance, training, upcoming retrofits, product quality incidents and maintain ongoing action register.
• Collect voice of the customer feedback regarding AR processes and methods.
• Create drafts of Technical Service Bulletins, training content, and other technical documentation as directed.
• Conduct ARU training certification classes.
• Ability and willingness to travel between 50% - 70% of the time to domestic and International sites.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (ME, EE or CS) or related technical field.
• Knowledge and/or working experience with statistical analysis tools.
• Knowledge of disciplined technical problem-solving techniques like 8D, 5-Why, Fishbone, and FMEA, among others.
• Knowledge and/or working experience with electro-mechanical systems.
• Knowledge and/or working experiencing with remote and onsite technical support and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge and or working experience in dealing with large amounts of data.
• Familiarity with high-level programming languages including Java, C++, MySQL, or Python, among others.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills for technical and non-technical content.