As a Hardware Standards Engineer you will be a member of the team that is responsible for global hardware design, standards and architecture.
In this role you will:
- Develop server, storage, and full-rack hardware standards that govern deployments to ServiceNow datacenters worldwide.
- Work directly with hardware manufacturers to evaluate new technologies and products for use in our global infrastructure.
- Build and maintain operational configurations to ensure consistent deployments over time.
- Collaborate with various other engineering teams to plan hardware rollouts and address tactical issues.
- Assist team members with troubleshooting and problem remediation as necessary.
- 5+ years of datacenter technician and/or technical program manager experience required.
- Experience required in at least two of the following areas: enterprise server solutions, enterprise storage solutions, rack-level power design/management, complex network cabling design.
- Critical attention to detail is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex problems to resolution.
- Some travel required for first article inspections, trade shows, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or Computer Science (CS) or related field.
- Excellent communication and customer skills, problem solving, conflict management, listening, time management and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Experience using the ServiceNow platform preferred but not required.