At PAX we strive to enhance people’s lives through exceptional cannabis experiences. Our curated set of pure full flavor pods and award-winning devices make enjoying cannabis simple and safe. For more than a decade, we have created next-generation devices that deliver enduring quality and wellness benefits through innovations in design and technology, and remain trusted by millions of consumers nationwide. We’re the #1 cannabis brand nationally with top awareness and NPS scores. Our standards allow for the safest vaporization of cannabis on the market. We are passionate about increasing well-being and joy through the power of cannabis, and we are committed to advancing opportunity through supporting social justice, access and equity in the industry.
We are incredibly excited about the tremendous growth of the cannabis industry, inspired every day by how cannabis can change lives, and fortunate for our leading position in the space. Our culture is focused on putting the consumer first, making an impact together, and also having fun along the way! Our team has helped build businesses at the intersection of consumer, technology and wellness, including Apple, Google, Tesla, Uber, GoPro, Fitbit, Constellation, Honest Company, Eaze and more. PAX is backed by leading consumer and technology investors including Tiger Global and Tao Invest, and has raised over $430MM in capital.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As the Hardware Regulatory Compliance Engineer at PAX, you will need to be experienced in FCC and worldwide certification processes of wireless hand-held consumer electronics as well as desktop filling and laser engraving machines. You will have familiarity with wireless radio technology BT and NFC, batteries and different safety related standards. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. The qualified candidate is a detail-oriented, hands-on, results-driven individual with proven interpersonal skills and a strong work ethic to work in a meaningful, fast-paced, upbeat environment. In this role you will work closely with the design teams by specifying regulatory requirements, completing pre-testing of the hardware platforms, consumer devices and accessories developed by several teams and supporting the team through product execution, ultimately assisting the team to acquire the required regulatory compliance on the devices. You will also work with our manufacturing partners to test and ensure all in-production devices continue to be in compliance with all certifications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Assisting in preparing regulatory administrative and technical documentation
- Researching all regulatory changes and updates
- Detailing the submission process on new expansion countries
- Executing paperwork certification on new projects and work collaboratively with team members
- Executing certification renewals on ongoing projects
- Keeping track of new standards/revisions/updates if retesting is necessary
- Provide guidance for regulatory marking and documentation requirements on products and packaging covering both Safety and EMC/EMI
- Support 3rd party safety and compliance evaluations and testing tasks in accordance with project timelines
- Provide cross-functional guidance to ensure new and existing products, components, and materials follow pertinent regulations world-wide
- Manage the preparation, signature, submittal, sharing, and archival of all regulatory documentation
- Coordinate activities between regulatory and legal consultants and the internal cross-functional team
- Attend design reviews and risk analysis exercises to provide recommendations on regulatory concerns and drive design compliance
- Work with peers across the company to support product development, testing and product release
- Coordinate and assist with the execution of risk assessments on equipment, assembly process, and customer use case to follow industry and regulatory standards
- Evaluate information and render opinion related to the safety and compliance of a concept, design, or product.
- Conduct design reviews and construction reviews. Review test results and determine acceptability.
- Work with technicians to troubleshoot test parameters and outcomes.
- Connect with product teams regarding product regulatory and safety matters.
- Review and provide feedback for operator's manuals and on-product markings.
- Establish and define best practices for fellow team members. Build tools to increase team efficiency.
- Become conversant with the latest industry safety standards (UL, CSA, IEC, etc.), regulations (UN, IATA, FCC, CP65, RoHS, ErP, DOE, CEC, etc.), and OSHA specifications. Where requirements are unclear, assist in obtaining an interpretation from the appropriate authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar technical field
- 4+ years of compliance experience with consumer electronics, submitting products for global approvals and following through to obtain certs
- Experience with fast-paced development environment
- Experience working with Asia-based manufacturing partners
- Ability to work independently; self-motivated
- Technical background in mechanical testing, electronics, and verifying safety & compliance
- Proficiency writing technical documents, building technical construction files, & coordinating compliance testing with independent labs & certification agencies
- High level of accuracy & detail, strong planning & project management skills & software
- Knowledge of UL/IEC 62368, UL/IEC61010, and UL8139
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, technical reports, & executive summaries
- Develops positive relationships across our organization
- Brings a positive, service-oriented approach to work
- Is driven by creating unique and efficient solutions for business challenges
- Can articulate thoughts clearly as well as listen to and considers others’ ideas
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
- The ability to develop partnerships with cross-functional teams within the company.
- Ability to work independently and has strong team building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and keep track of details.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams in parallel.
PAX LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks and beverages
- Dog Friendly HQ in the Mission District of San Francisco
- Employee Assistance Program including access to online legal support
Consumers First - We put consumers first in all our objectives, designs, and discussions. Our goal is to improve their lives, to deliver unique solutions for them and to create for their benefit.
Innovate - We make cannabis easy and intuitive. Innovating for consumers and finding the yes is everyone’s responsibility. We do so with excellence and speed to market as our lifeblood.
Community - We are active, collaborative and beneficial builders of a global community. We support health, wellness and social justice efforts as a force for good.
Contribute - We each individually own the solution, and drive for winning outcomes.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.